Hero shout solution

Draecke

@Jujithanks for making clear the only way for us to force Korea to fix the hero shout issue is to block them all with all our chars so they get perma chat block

until Korea realize it ain't working for NCWest player base this is the best way to deal with it

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

• L2 Team
6 hours ago, Draecke said:

Olympiad & Hero system should be based on an opt in/out - not something rammed through our throats like bad advertisements back in the 90's

Dev has placed greater focus on the benefits of obtaining Hero status or Ranked to encourage healthy competition. The bows for Ranked and the removal of the chat disable option for Hero Chat are part of these new changes to improve the importance of these two systems.

sure thing but that's based on healthy gaming and respectful behavior which is the norm in Korea but totally not the case here ;)

simplest solutions are usually the best and a good indicator something went wrong somewhere if such work around measures were necessary

almost all hero's are blocked on all my chars and the game became a better place strangely enough (^__^)

• Like 1

I want to be able to read ally/clan chat, but atm with this new system, all I read is toxity this and WTS/WTB that.

Force hero chat in my system window by all means, in fact give me one tab where I can decide what chat I want to see (I.E clan/ally).

The bows for ranked, only happens for the 1 person Ranked 1?

Also I noticed on other overseas versions, their chat system includes "Rank" next to the char name, maybe a throhpy. I don't see that here. Is that in the next update?

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Draecke said:

sure thing but that's based on healthy gaming and respectful behavior which is the norm in Korea but totally not the case here ;)

simplest solutions are usually the best and a good indicator something went wrong somewhere if such work around measures were necessary

almost all hero's are blocked on all my chars and the game became a better place strangely enough (^__^)

I have them all unblocked and I don't see any problem. What now?

On ‎8‎/‎9‎/‎2019 at 12:47 PM, Draecke said:
@Jujithanks for making clear the only way for us to force Korea to fix the hero shout issue is to block them all with all our chars so they get perma chat block

until Korea realize it ain't working for NCWest player base this is the best way to deal with it

Now hero shout is trash this not 2017 with fooz truffle and king of mana regen PepoMage every Friday they explose chat, now I don't see too much chat from hero.

On 10/08/2019 at 2:14 AM, Juji said:

Dev has placed greater focus on the benefits of obtaining Hero status or Ranked to encourage healthy competition. The bows for Ranked and the removal of the chat disable option for Hero Chat are part of these new changes to improve the importance of these two systems.

in which part of the world is important to see "heroes" blaming each other for rmt in hero shout?

or alt "hero" toons spamming 24/7 the same wtb msg every 2 minutes ?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just block all heroes on all account and all characters you have.

Pretty soon all heroes will have been the silence-buff and are unable to use any form of chat. As soon as those top-paying "heroes" are silenced and start reporting issues to the support team, NCSoft will magically find a solution in matter of days.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On 10.08.2019 at 2:14 AM, Juji said:

It's clear. BUT add a limit for hero shouts per day. It is good and simple solution for dev team from me (for free :D).

The hero’s voice must be something special. 

We no need to read trade shouts, if someone want to buy runes cheap xD, for example. Cheer.

On 09.08.2019 at 7:47 PM, Draecke said:

Next time you will thank for?  Do you really need to create a topic for this?  Send PM if you really want to thank, imho.

On 10-8-2019 at 1:14 AM, Juji said:

Dev do not have to see it all day long and have the chat polluted with people throwing the worst of the worst EULA breaking garbage over there with NO way to filter it.

The removal of the filtering was a very bad choice because now the game turned into a place where you get to see the worst type of people disrespecting the entire community in chat in numerous ways.
Even worse you are forced to see it at least one time or more times depending how fast you can block them all just so you can play the game normally without having to see all the garbage chat.
This is a unhealthy development for a game where new players will be confronted by this type of chat, when you see this type of chat immediately on your first day of playing you will exit faster then you joined because a new player will certainly not know about the block function.

You got your community complaining about it and eventually your big buck paying "hero's will too when they can't play the game normally anymore due to all the chat bans and other bad effects from forced ignore.

• Like 1

This should have been made years ago, I'm really surprised that it was implemented just now. Many games have the feature and you cannot turn it off it block people.

Edited by mixa

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/9/2019 at 4:14 PM, Juji said:

The bows are one thing, but to forcibly subject people to hero chat... not allowing players to filter it out of their ally/clan/party channels is a bad, unilateral decision on the part of the devs.

Everyone I hear from in the game says they're blocking every hero as they speak just so they can see the game chat (ally/clan/party) that's important to them.

It doesn't make sense why you wouldn't just force hero chat it in the General tab, but allow the filter in places where immediate communication is key to effective game play and socializing?

Too bad we don't have someone who can speak on behalf of the players and drive home to the devs that the majority of the server isn't impressed with having hero chat forced upon them in every single channel.

At the very least, how about a vote?

As I've said before, I'd really like to hear the convo that took place between the devs and other team members when this idea was first proposed. smh