Ether : Debunking new crafting system

Quenia

Dear @Juji

Firstly congrats on l2 team for a well organized, communicated and implemented update.

Now concerning the new crafting system, I am really curious on what basis Ether is a bound material ?! 

Players that farm on open field took a major hit, as their income from dropable mats, which were sold in public shop, suddenly got 0.

In order to compansate u introduced new materials. Considering new mats' prices (10k adena) the only practical way to earn some adena is to accumulate mats and craft, which synergizes very well with recipe npc.

How is it possible to accumulate tens of thousands of Ethers (needed for r110 gear) w/o being able to trade and with a daily restriction? You need 100 days worth of ethers to craft a 60% weapon recipe!

The obsession that "Devs" show into excluding players from new content is really irritating. 

This kind of issues, alongside with elcyum scarcity, ninja adena nerfs etc, should be addressed cause they send away more and more players every day and for no reason they attract any new. 

Best regards,

Q.  

PS: I wouldn't be surprised if you soon introduce the aforementioned items as rewards in l2 boxes!  

• Like 2

You were faaaaaaaar too polite.

New craft system is complete trash. Following the trend that locked players from leveling up out of the curve that brought us damage penality due to level difference from mob, mobs that cant be pulled 2meters out of their spawn zone and mobs that give exactaly same xp(tanor/aligator, sv/ivory crater, ridge/ev) in different hunting zones, now they want us to starve from crafting.

From Bouding gear/items to limit trades, now we have bounding basic crafiting materials... dear lord. FIX THIS SHIT

Only 2 senarios,

1) They are trying to kill off population to close server.

2)Ncsoft tested the DEVs with the patch, by not including set prices and other "default" settings that the DEVs either totally ignored, didnt check, or otherwise failed the test 

5 hours ago, ZooArcher said:

Only 2 senarios,

1) They are trying to kill off population to close server.

2)Ncsoft tested the DEVs with the patch, by not including set prices and other "default" settings that the DEVs either totally ignored, didnt check, or otherwise failed the test 

if they wanna close the server they don't have to kill the population

reason is probably coz most of the dev/gm team have no clue how this game is actually played / state of the game, besides restarting the server, doing regular maintenance, repeating promos (not events really), and repeating usually partially informational responses to issues avoiding most points. I'd like to apply for a job there

• Like 1

seems like NCWest want be more "Adena Sellers friends!".
I'm main spoiler, I'm not a spender and the only way that I had to make money, was with spoil mats and sell at grocery store in Oren, now every mat's price is 10k, can not do more money.

Edited by Pinkly

There is nothing bad in this system, only if it were implemented 9 years ago and not now.

The only thing that I don't understand is how they have managed to remove every possible full drop from mobs. Okay you're able to craft stuff with the mats you get, but no drops at all is very lame.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

40 minutes ago, mixa said:

There is nothing bad in this system, only if it were implemented 9 years ago and not now.

The only thing that I don't understand is how they have managed to remove every possible full drop from mobs. Okay you're able to craft stuff with the mats you get, but no drops at all is very lame.

you just not look the right patch :D go kill kama baylor gludio instance tauti and octavis and tezza, they will add more instance where you can get drop, atm they try clean up everything, then build up the new farm drop system :D

7 hours ago, mixa said:

When you realize it, it is really ridiculous!

And ofc the whole matter stays totally unanswered.

8 hours ago, mixa said:

Nope.

While hunting you get Treasure Boxes, similar to those old Elite-Mobs Boxes. These can give full items (armor/weap) at a low chance. A clannie of mine who did not have tons of boxes got already to R99 Armor parts.

I did open around 50 - 60 of such boxes so far, only go 70k adena/GemR. But the chance to get drops is there.

35 minutes ago, chrisma said:

where exacly do u hunt and u get Treasure Boxes ? because i hunt 2 days now and no drop box on fields 103+plus

They drop from mobs 105+ only.

9 hours ago, Propet said:

you just not look the right patch :D go kill kama baylor gludio instance tauti and octavis and tezza, they will add more instance where you can get drop, atm they try clean up everything, then build up the new farm drop system :D

Kama, Baylor don't drop anything, they give a box at the end, that 99% of the time gives 1.2m Adena.

Octavis, Tauti, Tezza are 21+ character instances that take considerable time and damage to do and usually the drop is nothing. Yes they have 0.00000~% to drop greater jewelery, but gl getting that and then sharing it. This is not what we're talking here. Also these instances have rather long reuse.

1 hour ago, NaratyrMizzrym said:

Nope.

While hunting you get Treasure Boxes, similar to those old Elite-Mobs Boxes. These can give full items (armor/weap) at a low chance. A clannie of mine who did not have tons of boxes got already to R99 Armor parts.

I did open around 50 - 60 of such boxes so far, only go 70k adena/GemR. But the chance to get drops is there.

I've opened like dunno, 500+ of these and got gem r and Adena. Opened like 50 Shiny ones and they still give the same. Your friend probably got lucky.

2 hours ago, NaratyrMizzrym said:

After some more testing I have to agree. Rate to get anything other than 70k or 1x GemR is abyssmal :)

Since that post I have been lucky on my mage xD

Got Angel's Ring, which is incredible to be honest (it sold for 1.5b...).

a1a78a1332281516.jpg 

• 2 weeks later...

new crafting system is garbage... at least before all of the mats had some real adena value, at least to even sell to store and sell on ah.  was possible for average person to craft R99 armors reasonably quickly.  now so much ether is required it's impossible for average player to collect enough to craft anything at all in a reasonable amount of time, and other mats are so low value they are worthless.  used to be if you put in some time to try craft you could make enough things to sell and make profit ok.  People even used to go through IT pit to collect the mats dropped there which were decent value.  now nothing.  Even maestro useless, got mine to 106 and now it's whatever, can't craft anything anyway because ether. 

now low-average player trapped in exalted R99 with no appearance options all looking the same as each other... terrible for players and boring as all heck.  

PS my clannie got lvl 3 jewel box from Venusta box (baylor kama gludio instance reward) but considering low rate maybe he's the only one on server so far to get it

And I got R99 weapon from Aden box.  which won't sell now anyway yay.  People used to be able to farm the unique mobs and get several R armor parts per week from the boxes.  

On 1/20/2020 at 2:58 AM, mixa said:

Drop rate can be nerfed any time, but increasing it requires a whole new level of programming.

xD

• Haha 1