Live Server Maintenance: Wednesday, September 30, 2020

Hime

• L2 Team

Game servers will be down for maintenance beginning Wednesday, September 30, 2020 at 4 a.m. PDT / 6 a.m. CDT / 7 a.m. EDT / 1 p.m. GMT+2 and will be unavailable for approximately 3 hours.

With this maintenance:

• Standard database maintenance and application restarts will be performed.
  • Red Libra September Event will end.
  • The 6,000 Day Celebration event will be continue for 2 weeks.
  • 6,000 Day Celebration Server Settings will continue for 2 weeks:
    • XP/SP Boost +100%
    • Vitality Boost +300%
    • Adena/Item Drop/Spoil Boost + 100%
    • No XP Loss Upon Death (non-chaotic)
    • Party Hunting Bonus +100%
  • Zodiac Agathion Cubes will be in the L2 Store for 2 weeks.
  • Fixed an issue where the Party Hunting Bonus was not working. We have also temporarily increased the bonus from 50% to 100% for this week.
  • Fixed an issue where the Lv. 5 Tanzanite was uncompoundable from the Lv. 8 Mystery Box. The box has been fixed and all affected players will receive the correct version.
  • Fixed an issue where the level gap between members in a party was causing MP regeneration issues, especially when a player switched to a lower level dual class.

Other Notes

• The following items will be removed from players' inventories next maintenance on September 30:
    • Mammon's Treasure Chest
    • Elysium Recovery Potion
    • Elysium Weapons
    • Red Libra's Fortune Scroll
    • Stage 3/4/5 Soul Crystal Boxes
    • +9/+10 Agathion Charm Boxes
    • Mysterious Talismans
  • Unopened Mystery Boxes in players' inventories will be removed on October 21.

If you have any questions about the changes taking place during this maintenance, please feel free to post them on the forums. We also encourage you to follow @LineageIIOps for maintenance and server status updates.

Just going to relay what everyone here is thinking... You remove Red Libra (red elysium buff with it)... When you made the mistake of party bonus, people have bought countless $ in erupting, emperor rune packs etc... How is that fair? It wouldn't really impact anything look at the top 10% of the server already 110-116. Getting roses for average players is tedious and annoying, and wouldn't really impact the overall ladder. Certain classes are so Overpowered that people are having to switch and abandon theirs for being so Underpowered. Is there anything I'm missing?

#DERPO2020

Edited by Derpomatic
  • Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, b0uff0s said:

@Juji@Himeso what's the word on the feedback post? Coz this event although gives ridiculous amounts of xp solves 0 of the games long term problems. In 2 weeks we will still be in square 0. What are you doing and what is the plan

You do realize they are only the producer of this game not the developer?

They doing what is in their power to help along their population while waiting for the developer to make long term changes.  They cannot change hard content that has to come from developer so they are trying to buy time till these updates come through to balance it for the population of these servers.  We have showed when we are happy everyone is willing to pay a little.  As much as they like whales just like in Vegas or any major gambling mecca they need the average people to attract the whales. Whales like to show off and if they have no one to show off for they do not come.  Economics 101.

They got Korea to push out the update to Ketra and Varka ahead of an official update to help our population and it has more xp when in an actual real party is actually very good regardless of an xp event.  What this event is helping is to level up the classes outside of DDs needed to xp in areas like that live healers, tanks, and iss.    There really isnt that many none live iss healer and tanks at higher levels because its so hard to level them now with xp event im adding clannies into my parties to xp them even though it may slow down me a little im still getting way more xp than I would before the event and I helping them for my long term plans.

So b0uff0s im am using these events to advance my long term plans.... What your long term plan to help yourself with these events?  Don't ask what the game producer can do you for you, ask yourself what you can do for the game producer. ( I know i know but you get the point)

Edited by Slycutter

• Juji pinned this topic

@Slycutterwhat authority do you have to speak on behalf of NC? your opinions and deducitons hold as much salt as mine and the rest of the people here so please do not make me go uncivil here. we are not paying Korea, we are paying NCwest, i expect answers from NCwest.

Everyone, or most at least, are paying a little for years, they are just neglected until recently when a herd of wales migrated to Core.

The game progression problem remains, how do people get gear through ingame means. There is a recent post floating around about a dude who bought a + 15 weapon and ++++ gear, asking ppl in the forun how to play the game. You figure out how much that cost and how normal this is for a game.

the ketra varka patch was pushed coz people were actually quitting the game, and prestige sales were dropping like a rock. T

he xp event filed the servers and pushed prestige sales back up, while A) not solving the farming areas problem, every1 logged their bot train 24/7 and B) this has 0 effect on the game progression problem.This is not made to help support classes catch up. it was made so at least some people will hit 114-116 to occupy the areas implemented in the last update

So Sly, as in devianne, YOUR imaginary long term plans don't really matter. MY long term plans don't matter. i take my red bow and shiny armor and trinkets and zombie myself till the event ends in overcrowded areas coz there is nothing else to do. It doesn't really matter if i happen to have gear and lvls, THE GAME PROGRESSION IS STILL A PROBLEM. 

And the people who are getting payed are as quiet as a fish.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

6 hours ago, Apamate said:

First I want to thank you for the good work you are doing these last weeks.

I have a question, the bonus is with a party of 7 or act with a party of 3 - 5 players

TY Hime 

same question, how it works the party bonus ? 2 characters ? 3? 5? 7?

and where i can see if the bonus is apply ? Ty

2 hours ago, Kale said:

same question, how it works the party bonus ? 2 characters ? 3? 5? 7?

and where i can see if the bonus is apply ? Ty

:ph34r:

4 hours ago, b0uff0s said:

@Juji@Himeso what's the word on the feedback post? Coz this event although gives ridiculous amounts of xp solves 0 of the games long term problems. In 2 weeks we will still be in square 0. What are you doing and what is the plan

+ 

Mb we get more info about the plan on the next week, hope they fix this once for all, adena, exp, drops and more 107~108~109~110 areas / mobs.

The event is not bad, but it is certainly not a solutiont.

• Like 1

Fixed an issue where the level gap between members in a party was causing MP regeneration issues, especially when a player switched to a lower level dual class.

Sadly this MP bug hasn't been fixed yet entirely or there are more causes for it to occur.
Ways that i have noticed it happening:
- One of the party members died (party leader specifically?)
- Switching to a dual or main character in general regardless of level / xp range
- Changing party composition due to disconnects, kicks, people leaving or inviting new characters after or during killing mobs
- Having 1 party member inside of a instance while the rest does not share that instance
- Having buffs refresh at the exact whole hour when server becomes somewhat unresponsive

As for the last one it also is impossible to login at whole hour for about 2 minutes.
You click the login button and for a brief moment the animations stop as usual while it try to perform the login attempt but then the animations continue and nothing will happen at all for 2-3 minutes.
Maybe many of the issues described are related to this, i don't know at this point just guessing.

Yes the mana regen bug time in time... some time i play about 6h and regen is ok, then start to not regen and i got dead... try to restart, go to city, change spot, but nothing... still dont regen mana!!!  PLZ FIX MANA REGEN!!! Only top geared players not affected because kills  with 1 or 2 hits! all others stop regen mana and die!!! 

On 9/30/2020 at 3:55 AM, Hime said:

• Fixed an issue where the level gap between members in a party was causing MP regeneration issues, especially when a player switched to a lower level ..

If you have any questions about the changes taking place during this maintenance, please feel free to post them on the forums. We also encourage you to follow @LineageIIOps for maintenance and server status updates.

Hello @Hime @Juji

This is Not fixed.

Mentor lv 107 + another char 105 + mentee lv 94 + .

The 3 chars are on 3 different places on the map. The moment the lower level char was invited in party, the mana of the other 2 chars stop regenerating. 

Edited by Vassy
Typo

• Juji unpinned this topic