Chronos Downtime Compensation Details 8/31/2022

Hermes

@HermesLets even look at the special prize at day 14:

• Blessed Antharas' Earring (30-day expiration) x1
  • Blessed Valakas' Necklace (30-day expiration) x1
  • Tauti's Ring (30-day expiration) x1
  • Earth Wyrm Heart Ring (30-day expiration) x1
  • Lindvior's Earring (30-day expiration) x1

What so special?  All those things are in NCStore and more of us got a free one in April from you guys so for everyone 1 of those items is completely useless.

No belt... No cloak?  I mean you could easisly added a 30 day nevit's cloak or 30 day ruler 2 belt but hey I am sure that would effect your next event and NC Coin purchases.

SMH

Seriously...... Still a regular Freya rose?  I actually have thousands of those now.... Thousands.....  Couldnt you just give 1 30 dragon weapon coupon instead of us having to get the coupon every day and regear ourselves.... or was that too challenging for your team to figure out?

@Hermeswe all know your database and tools.  We all know what is available in GM Panels to give players from illegal servers that show us your options.  So this may have worked on a less intelligent less knowledgeable audience 10 - 12 years ago but not in 2022.

You have a community that had to create its own information database because you absolutely no information about the game on your own website; your own website lets no one know any of the mechanics of the game, our data base is actually quiet nice patch together by team of players that ACTUALLY ENJOY Lineage 2. 

I was just talking to one of my clannies the other day.  I go yes Dethrone is a nice place to xp but can someone tell me WHAT THE HECK IS REASON FOR IT EXISTING?  I have no idea there is RPG element to it, things in like mobs and places have no connection to previous content, there was no video showing why it is there and what is elegia and why should I care about it?  You got armor fragments for in game but nothing even in Korean updates about new armor or weapons and all you do is up the level of mobs without explanations.

I want to know why I kill a raid boss that is 115 it drops R99 weapons and armor?  WHO NEEDS R99 at level 115?  You item database makes zero sense anymore.  There is no way to farm Dawn crystals Silenite Artifact Fragments Spelendor Frags Elcyum Attribute crystsals nothing.  I cannot understand why I go to field of crisis and soulstones and soul ore from the chests.... one skill burns all the soul ore i got in that hour again just filler.

I think I ranted enough but I tried to hold out hope about maybe you would move this game in a positive direction at first we saw you were trying but I think as a community we all have come to see your just Juji version 2 here to put out fires and mend to the graveyard and weed the lawn when needs it.  You shown you have no real power to effect change or make this a more successful product.

----- SlyCutter

• Like 1

@Hermes
I can really understand  ( from my line of work and proffesion ) that things like the issue that you had can happen , i can feel your pain getting all the dirt pies in your face .

On the other side i can feel the players as well , Compensation plan you offered is kinda unacceptable , i know nothing changes from what ppl write's , but it could better not to give anything comparing to what you gave . 

Wasn't better just to add a 15 days Vit Rune in order to compensate for the lost exp ? ( cz really that was the only issue ) 

As for the heroes , i can understand your frustration but SQL databases and a java written game has some downsides , you cannot predict everything, i bet my ass it took them the 3/4 of the time to find what in earth was wrong and the other 1/4 to fix it without bleeping the next line of code . 

• Like 2

@Hermes The reality is that people ar upset the way this game is running for the last years, so any thing that happens dc,  no oly, bad compensation, will just push people to the edge, if the game was ok no one would ever bother with what happened, people are sick of consumables, potions, and boxes, give people real itmes, real drop from mobs, not just boxes, if NCSOFT  will give every player  now 200 B adena it would not affect the server or NC coins purchase, becuse you need so much money in this game that 200 B is just almost useless, is like nc is afraid to give somthing to the players because they will lose nc coins, even for characters birthday  vit potions ? For someone birthday ?

For example if you give @Slycutter 20 grand kain weapon scrolls he will forget that he hates red libra and he will actually like it.

Don't be afraid to give real itmes  to the players , what you give will be given in return. 

14 hours ago, Bizon said:

Os servidores Innova RU têm mais jogadores do que todas as outras regiões de exportação combinadas, então pare de usar drogas ok

Most of the linaege 2 audience comes from russia and Kr is obviously going to have more players there.

4 hours ago, Slycutter said:

What so special?  All those things are in NCStore and more of us got a free one in April from you guys so for everyone 1 of those items is completely useless.

No belt... No cloak?  I mean you could easisly added a 30 day nevit's cloak or 30 day ruler 2 belt but hey I am sure that would effect your next event and NC Coin purchases.

SMH

Seriously...... Still a regular Freya rose?  I actually have thousands of those now.... Thousands.....  Couldnt you just give 1 30 dragon weapon coupon instead of us having to get the coupon every day and regear ourselves.... or was that too challenging for your team to figure out?

@Hermeswe all know your database and tools.  We all know what is available in GM Panels to give players from illegal servers that show us your options.  So this may have worked on a less intelligent less knowledgeable audience 10 - 12 years ago but not in 2022.

You have a community that had to create its own information database because you absolutely no information about the game on your own website; your own website lets no one know any of the mechanics of the game, our data base is actually quiet nice patch together by team of players that ACTUALLY ENJOY Lineage 2. 

I was just talking to one of my clannies the other day.  I go yes Dethrone is a nice place to xp but can someone tell me WHAT THE HECK IS REASON FOR IT EXISTING?  I have no idea there is RPG element to it, things in like mobs and places have no connection to previous content, there was no video showing why it is there and what is elegia and why should I care about it?  You got armor fragments for in game but nothing even in Korean updates about new armor or weapons and all you do is up the level of mobs without explanations.

I want to know why I kill a raid boss that is 115 it drops R99 weapons and armor?  WHO NEEDS R99 at level 115?  You item database makes zero sense anymore.  There is no way to farm Dawn crystals Silenite Artifact Fragments Spelendor Frags Elcyum Attribute crystsals nothing.  I cannot understand why I go to field of crisis and soulstones and soul ore from the chests.... one skill burns all the soul ore i got in that hour again just filler.

I think I ranted enough but I tried to hold out hope about maybe you would move this game in a positive direction at first we saw you were trying but I think as a community we all have come to see your just Juji version 2 here to put out fires and mend to the graveyard and weed the lawn when needs it.  You shown you have no real power to effect change or make this a more successful product.

----- SlyCutter

Love it!  Where do I submit my resume for a job like this when people openly give sound advise that I don't have to work for!

No really, I retire soon and want an easy job.

• Administrators
1 hour ago, dontwantone said:

code not work says, 

The serial code you entered is invalid.

Hello,

I apologize that you are having trouble claiming the coupon code. We have just checked and confirmed that the coupons are working. I have also just claimed it on my second account to make sure. Please check the following if you are still having trouble:

1. Double-check the code and make sure there are no spaces when you copy it over.
2. Code redemption is limited to 1 per account.

If you are still having issues, please contact our customer service and they will look into your account to resolve the issue.

Regards,
Hermes

2 hours ago, Hermes said:

Hello,

I apologize that you are having trouble claiming the coupon code. We have just checked and confirmed that the coupons are working. I have also just claimed it on my second account to make sure. Please check the following if you are still having trouble:

1. Double-check the code and make sure there are no spaces when you copy it over.

If you are still having issues, please contact our customer service and they will look into your account to resolve the issue.

Regards,
Hermes

Would like to ask if you could change it as its a free dragon weapon event from last year not a compensation ^^ 

@Hermes  @EMpulse

How do you think this garbage above (Recycled Event) is adequate compensation for the entire downtime Chronos experienced Saturday? Think about this from a players perspective for one instead of a GM who really doesn't care two shits. You allowed a game with cross server competition go unchecked and gave advantage to one side. People pour $100s, even $1000s into this game along with weekly subscriptions, Destiny Packs etc. Please come up with something better.

1. Weekend Playtime Hours: Roughly 15 hours the server was unavailable/unstable.

2. Final Olympiad Day: Naia had a full day (3hr 40mins) uncontested to take heroes in a cross server competition.

3. Dethroned: Naia had a full day (5hrs) to freely compete and farm points.

You continue to shit on Chronos as a NA server and give bleep all for the players still left playing this game. You can block this post and many others but you have to see the dotted line that more and more people are getting fed up with NCSOFT Wests semantics and censorship. 

Kind Regards,

L2Community

• Thanks 2

31 minutes ago, LordCrypt said:

@Hermes  @EMpulse

How do you think this garbage above (Recycled Event) is adequate compensation for the entire downtime Chronos experienced Saturday?  GM who really doesn't care two shits.

You answered your own question.

Sometimes when I read the forum, ( in my mind ) I think about those sitcoms and cartoon movies, where the tyrant kings crys " why dont they love me " <  how the GMs feel.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Hermes said:

Hello,

Regards,
Hermes

Well at least we now know we are being ignored :D 

20 hours ago, Hermes said:

Hello, everyone!

As a result of the recent extended downtime affecting players on the Chronos server, we will be offering the following compensation beginning after maintenance on Wednesday, August 31.

Chronos Server 
Coupon Code: ChronosDowntime0822
Limitation: Chronos Server. 1-use per account, valid through September 9, at 11:59 PM. 

• Oriana’s Lucky Coin x300
  • Cube of Gratitude x1
  • Shining Dragon Attribute Tonic (XP) x20
  • Honey Dark Beer x20
  • Freya's Scroll of Storm x20

The Cube of Gratitude, received from the coupon code, can be used once-per-day for 14 days to obtain a daily reward. A special reward will be granted on the final day, for players who used the Cube of Gratitude for all previous days of the compensation event. 
Cube of Gratitude Rewards

• Basket of Gratitude x1 (Given on the first through the 13th cube opening) 
  • Basket of Gratitude and Love x1 (Given on the 14th cube opening)

The Basket of Gratitude will reward players with the following items.

• Dandy's Home Run Ball    x2
  • Vitality Maintaining Rune (2-hour duration) x1
  • Emperor's Special Cocktail x2
  • Freya's Ice Rose     x10
  • Dragon Weapon Coupon

The Basket of Gratitude and Love will reward players with the following items.

• Dandy's Home Run Ball    x2
  • Vitality Maintaining Rune (2-hour duration) x1
  • Emperor's Special Cocktail x2
  • Freya's Ice Rose     x10
  • Dragon Weapon Coupon x1

The Dragon Weapon Coupon obtained from the Cube of Gratitude, or Cube of Gratitude and Love, can be exchanged for a 1-day standard Dragon Weapon of the player’s choosing through the Event NPC Roa from the maintenance on August 31st to the maintenance on September 21st. 

Lastly, from the maintenance on August 31st to the maintenance on September 21st, players will be able to receive one buff per-character per-day by talking to the event NPC Roa, located in the Towns of Giran and Aden. The “Gift of Gratitude” buff will last for 5 hours and grant the following bonuses:

• EXP/SP bonus 30% for 5 hours, EXP/SP 30% earned in a Vitality state, P. Atk./P. Def./M. Atk./M. Def 15% increase

These items will be deleted on September 14:

• Shining Dragon Attribute Tonic (XP)
  • Honey Dark Beer
  • Freya's Scroll of Storm

These items will be deleted on September 21:

• Basket of Gratitude
  • Basket of Gratitude and Love
  • Cube of Gratitude
  • Dragon Weapon Coupon

These items will be deleted on September 28:

• Vitality Maintaining Rune
  • Freya's Ice Rose
  • All 1-day Dragon Weapons

We know how frustrating downtime or server issues can be when attempting to play and enjoy an online game, and we sincerely hope that the benefits outlined in the above compensation will off-set some of the inconvenience many of you experienced this past weekend on the Chronos server. We hope you will enjoy these rewards, and thank you immensely for your continued support!

Best Regards,
Hermes

Why dont put better rates ingame or give something useful?

This is a joke.

22 hours ago, Arkidis said:

It's funny how people blame/curse nc and be like "omg worst company ever this is so bad this is a slap to player base omg i am canceling prestige etc etc".

and NCwest is laughing, because NCwest knows, no one of you will cancel prestige and all of you will continue to play the game and spend a fortune each month.

So, guys, please stop posting negative comments. You have nowhere to go, you will be here forever.

I stopped spending money on this game 6 years ago. 🤭

19 hours ago, Slycutter said:

SMH

----- SlyCutter

They are always ignore us, and they don't care what so ever. The only way it will change if people will just stop buying ncoin or if the players start causing riots like the way black lives matter movement did or be like the russians and invade ncsoft.   

• L2 Team

I wanted to drop by and let everyone know that we've read the feedback in this thread, and other threads on our forums. We're sorry that many of you feel dissatisfied with the compensation that was provided as a result of the recent Chronos server downtime.

We'll definitely consider your combined feedback should we have to provide compensation for any issue in the future.