Live Server Maintenance: Wednesday, March 17, 2021

Hime

1 hour ago, Degus said:

Does it matter if you PvE in order to PvP?  Do you NOT PvE 95% of the time?  I kinda know that you do so.... how is this my opinion?

Every archer in the top 50 full solos TOI with a buffer (they don't need a tank).  I mean this isn't event debatable; you can see for yourself or PM them for verification.  So I'll ask again; how does this adhere to your ideas of knowing your classes role?

I already said Tyrrs were better at PvP; did you even read my full statement?

Do you even know how Feoh AOE works?  Multishot hits more mobs than nuker AOE in IoS.....

Do you think there is ANY difference in top gear between Archer/Dagger/Tyrr other than weapon type?  Honest question; maybe you just don't know how those classes work that well. 

12 minutes ago, Feryl said:

There are ppl who is very good player, fast with his keyboard/mouse and smart enough to know when they have advantage and know how to use it to win. For me they are ppl with "hands" or "skills" for this game.

There are ppl who have full gear, isnt important if they are rich ppl who invest a few houses or farmers who knows how to play the game. some of them have hands and others no, which of this players are u?

------

Rookie numbers for me :)

Here most important part "ppl with "hands" or "skills" :)

When you will know this people - will understand hands = 'NextTarget" scipt. And nothing more.

All we have game macro,  macro mouse, tartaus keybord macro. But it's nothing compare with scripts.  And its only one reason why some people are "perfekt" in skils (ud) timing.

Edited by Ambicija
mistake
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, Ambicija said:

yes - its midle items!

set can be (and must to be today) +16

i have JUST greater jevs - but today need to have superior...

im not have Dragon or God jevs (and today they must to be ~+3 or +4

the same wit protektion talisman, insanity or ruler - its just midle items today.

now 2021 - but all talking about 2015 items....

What I dont know what use oponents? :) Who don know that if in oly top 100 or higer? We have some secrets...?  :) :):) Common... Its totaly not important in this days - survive can just if have 3-5 UD... This mage barriere - its totaly nothing - 1-2 hits - and mage not have mp. Not have mp - cant use skils!

I have no clue what your smoking but +16 armor sets do not exist on these servers nevermind limited +16 sets lol  A +10 bloody set goes for over 200 billion adena, that is high end im sorry I have no clue where you think middle is lol.

Greater jewels?  Most people are lucky to have 1 greater jewel at level 1 and your talking superior?  I do not think one exists on our servers.  You cannot even upgrade level 1 brooches at the moment so you cannot even have more than 4 jewels at a time.

a level 22 Venir is ultra rare, you have a level 4 seed bracelet at +2 great many people never seen a seed bracelet scroll so good find lol.  

You do realize its not most people don't want the gear your talking about or have it just not obtainable for none ridiculous price.  When I was struggling to make adena I could got a +10 Bloody R 110 set for 60 - 75 billion now its 3 x - 4x that price its no better, but limited amounts of them because lack of enchants and bloody stones.  Clans were starting to farm clan instances and ally raids weekly so what did they do with this update, up the level so you couldn't do anymore.  You have to be within two levels below a raid to do any decent damage and level or higher to do your actual damage.

When did they everyone magically became 115?  Thats still not even the top 100 people on Chronos are not all 115.  Some outliers at 116 - 120 but lets be honest average level is still 106 - 109.  I am in the top 700 on the server at just 110 and there is 1300 people between me and evi alt at 109 who 1900 or so.  So there is still huge lag in levels which makes the biggest difference.

I could have a dragon bow and top gear but no way im killing a mage 3 levels above me and breaking their "mana" barrier in 1 hit.  Just stop

1 hour ago, Rodah said:

Does it matter if you PvE in order to PvP?  Do you NOT PvE 95% of the time?  I kinda know that you do so.... how is this my opinion?

Every archer in the top 50 full solos TOI with a buffer (they don't need a tank).  I mean this isn't event debatable; you can see for yourself or PM them for verification.  So I'll ask again; how does this adhere to your ideas of knowing your classes role?

I already said Tyrrs were better at PvP; did you even read my full statement?

Do you even know how Feoh AOE works?  Multishot hits more mobs than nuker AOE in IoS.....

Do you think there is ANY difference in top gear between Archer/Dagger/Tyrr other than weapon type?  Honest question; maybe you just don't know how those classes work that well. 

go play an archer, you have no idea what your talking about.   the top 50 tyrr are prob on ToI 2 or 3,  not on 1, thats why you don't see them.   wtf good is multi shot in IoS  if there is 1 mob left,  wake up!  there is a max on a pit  for adena,  dont tell me archer can farm more, thats a straight up lie.   Survivability is only pvp, again, wtf are you talking about, you want proof?  Come watch me and exos side by side in swamp, see who lives,  gear doesn't matter?  lawl.   same toi, you want side by side comparison, i can give it, you wanna compary 107 archer vs 107 tyrr, again,  i can side by side that too, just drop them in ivory  crator, gl archer!    tank in toi, not sure where ya got that but....  

40 minutes ago, Slycutter said:

I could have a dragon bow and top gear but no way im killing a mage 3 levels above me and breaking their "mana" barrier in 1 hit.  Just stop

Clueless. Levels mean nothing in PVP, they only matter (a lot) for PVE.
Yes, you can easy break the mana barrier of that 3 lvl higher Feoh with one hit as top geared archer.

On topic:
In my opinion game balance is quite nice. Yes YUL are strongest class to farm adena and a more serious nerf would be welcome. In PVP almost any class can be really strong if top geared.

Biggest issue we have is simply the huuuuge gear gap. Too many too expensive items that only a handful of players on each server wants to afford/can afford.
NCW throwing always new items in the store, and the old items remain on same (too high) prices.
They should lower the NC Coin price for each re-accuring L2 Store Promo by 30% if the items is offered for a 2nd time, 60% cheaper if offered a 3rd time.
This way ppl that buy on first occassion have a long time (6-12 months usually) to be aheard, but later the majority of players will have a chance to catch up.

The smaller the gab is the more ppl will PVP, go Siege, enjoy Oly.

Currently a TOP geared player is able to destroy a complete clan of medium geared ppl - thats not good for L2.

On the other hand: Its good for NCW cos someone of that medium geared clan that got butchered might be emo enough to spend big $$$ in hope to do the same next time (most won't of course, and will just quit in dissapointment when they realize there is no bottom to this pit that is called L2 Store).

Sorry for wall of text, pointless to type this anyway.

In the end it's easy: If you enjoy the game, play it, whichever way you deem right for yourself. Spend lots, spend average, spend nothing, whatever.
If you don't enjoy the game, stop it and search another one.

In a few months most countries will have the worst corona-time behind them and the lockdowns will hopefully be just a thing of the past. Good time to play less and enjoy RL again more :)

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, OmenOfSteel_Naia said:

Clueless. Levels mean nothing in PVP, they only matter (a lot) for PVE.
Yes, you can easy break the mana barrier of that 3 lvl higher Feoh with one hit as top geared archer.

Level means nothing in PvP?  (oh so my 17 year playing the game must been a different L2 game then lol) I have no clue where you get that information from but level means a lot in PvP.  I am sorry if you have the perception that it doesn't their are level difference penalties to damage given and damage received the larger the difference in level the more that grows or did you miss the memo on that one?

simple test, i've done it, cp members alts do it dailey, Field of Crisis,  put equal geared toons out there and count boxes when done, i've got weeks of results because farming books is a game for us now.

The point they are making is that similar gear, lvl 113 toon hitting a 116 toon in a pvp situation does not see near the same dmg reduction as a 113 toon hitting a 116 mob in a pve situation.

Levels matter in both. They matter much more in pve content though. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Degus said:

go play an archer, you have no idea what your talking about.   the top 50 tyrr are prob on ToI 2 or 3,  not on 1, thats why you don't see them.   wtf good is multi shot in IoS  if there is 1 mob left,  wake up!  there is a max on a pit  for adena,  dont tell me archer can farm more, thats a straight up lie.   Survivability is only pvp, again, wtf are you talking about, you want proof?  Come watch me and exos side by side in swamp, see who lives,  gear doesn't matter?  lawl.   same toi, you want side by side comparison, i can give it, you wanna compary 107 archer vs 107 tyrr, again,  i can side by side that too, just drop them in ivory  crator, gl archer!    tank in toi, not sure where ya got that but....  

Kinda tired of arguing with you so this will be my last response.

Tyrrs are a relatively small population class so we know each other.  There are 9 Tyrrs on Chronos who can farm TOI 2.  I can name them if you want.....  There are MAYBE 10 more who can solo TOI 1.  That is it.

Earlier in this thread one of the Archer benefits mentioned was the ability to do 2x pits in IoS; that is what I was referring too.  The reason is 2x dash and multi-shot.

OFC a stacked nuker can solo swamp; that doesn't really invalidate my argument about Yul being tops in PvE.  You are comparing yourself to Exos; I don't really know what you're gear is like now or if you die a lot.  But, I know the Dragon/Cursed Bow archers solo Swamp easily so.....???

Who cares about 107 toons??  I mean really, what does that have to do with the crux of this thread? 

Anyway; I guess we can agree to disagree.

I can't follow you at all,  not only different pages, we are reading different books i guess.  

also, jumping to 2 pit and 1 shotting the circle is completely unrealistic also, i won't explain why, not knowing explains a lot

Ill take that the hunting in circle.   Ok for people do not know archers are terrain based aoes.  So there are very few  circles in IoS that can duo.  Also you have to top end to one hit a circle because if I aoe (i guess above average geared now at 110) I have to crit all the mobs in the circle with the same AOE which is a statistical anomaly unless you can also kill without criting IE Dragon/Cursed bow.  I do well but since the upgrade on the damage on I cannot aoe in IoS as once did because of this reason, I can still do it in PI because there are no range mobs but yet again depends on my spot I need a flat terrain spot, and I have gotten to point of pking slow killing melee toons out of those spots in PI since they can go to any spot and kill archers can't.

FYI this changed really did nothing to my aoes it went from just under 3 second reload to just above 3 in Olympiad or pvp that might be a little different but not PvE.  So really if I cycle through multi rain and tornado by time it goes back to multi its ready to go /shrugs.

2 minutes ago, Slycutter said:

Ill take that the hunting in circle.   Ok for people do not know archers are terrain based aoes.  So there are very few  circles in IoS that can duo.  Also you have to top end to one hit a circle because if I aoe (i guess above average geared now at 110) I have to crit all the mobs in the circle with the same AOE which is a statistical anomaly unless you can also kill without criting IE Dragon/Cursed bow.  I do well but since the upgrade on the damage on I cannot aoe in IoS as once did because of this reason, I can still do it in PI because there are no range mobs but yet again depends on my spot I need a flat terrain spot, and I have gotten to point of pking slow killing melee toons out of those spots in PI since they can go to any spot and kill archers can't.

FYI this changed really did nothing to my aoes it went from just under 3 second reload to just above 3 in Olympiad or pvp that might be a little different but not PvE.  So really if I cycle through multi rain and tornado by time it goes back to multi its ready to go /shrugs.

ios2 is a yul 2 spot dream.  multiple circles can be done easily.  very few obstructions.  its not like IoS1 where there are maybe 2-3 good dual spots. there are easily 10+ dual spots in IoS2, probably more.

2 hours ago, Rodah said:

Kinda tired of arguing with you so this will be my last response.

Tyrrs are a relatively small population class so we know each other.  There are 9 Tyrrs on Chronos who can farm TOI 2.  I can name them if you want.....  There are MAYBE 10 more who can solo TOI 1.  That is it.

Earlier in this thread one of the Archer benefits mentioned was the ability to do 2x pits in IoS; that is what I was referring too.  The reason is 2x dash and multi-shot.

OFC a stacked nuker can solo swamp; that doesn't really invalidate my argument about Yul being tops in PvE.  You are comparing yourself to Exos; I don't really know what you're gear is like now or if you die a lot.  But, I know the Dragon/Cursed Bow archers solo Swamp easily so.....???

Who cares about 107 toons??  I mean really, what does that have to do with the crux of this thread? 

Anyway; I guess we can agree to disagree.

the key to unlocking toi 2 is lvl 116 imo.  and very good gear, but 116 is important.

19 minutes ago, iHyperlite said:

the key to unlocking toi 2 is lvl 116 imo.  and very good gear, but 116 is important.

Being lv116 you have like 25% damage penalty and that is alot. If u want to farm Toi2 full aoe do you need insane gear or lvl116+ to farm there (ofc geared ppl only)

Edited by Feryl
typo
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Feryl said:

Being lv116 you have like 25% damage penalty and that is alot. If u want to farm Toi2 full aoe do you need insane gear or lvl116+ to farm there (ofc geared ppl only)

116 for me unlocked toi 2 as being more adena than toi 1 per hour on single target.  for AoE, i am unsure, but i see other stacked 116 yuls on floor 2 now that used to be on floor 1 as well (and they just got 116 too).  I think a tank in one of the larger rooms at port may be the key to aoe without a cursed/dragon wep.

• Thanks 1

21 minutes ago, iHyperlite said:

ios2 is a yul 2 spot dream.  multiple circles can be done easily.  very few obstructions.  its not like IoS1 where there are maybe 2-3 good dual spots. there are easily 10+ dual spots in IoS2, probably more.

The problem to farm more than 2 spots is cooldown of jumps and kill mobs really faster. Usually you take 8-10sec to clear a spot and respawn is about 11sec for mobs. 

When I say clear a spot is 1shoting mobs with any skill. Its extremly rare land a multiple arrow and kill more than 5 mobs, just a bit terrain diff and your aoe will hit 1 mob.

• Like 1

the things you ppl write in this forum are really mind blowing.... Just amazing stuff

you get dragged down to 0 content, 0 context pissing contest ramblings about what the 0,5% can or can't do in the game or about clases that you do not play and deem you do not approve. And all that with 0 involvement of the GMs or any NC representative. What exactly do you get out of this? being "right" on the internet? Supposedly you are educated, employed adults. WTF are you doing?

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

This is typical nc soft (west?) strategy, similar to what has happened to Lady Luck recently:

1. create new fancy expensive items which give great boost and make them available only through l2store (not obtainable via in game means - paying other players with adena for something they purchased also increases the NC Coins revenue)

2. whales get overpowered and one shoot everything on their way

3. nerf the class so that people who did not open their wallet feel the pain of not upgrading while the whales remain strong

1.  Naia and Chronos servers are separate servers. So it has separate dynamics and mathematics, please don't forget.
  2.  If the things we are discussing here are our losses, gains, or desires about the game, let's talk / discuss. But please, let's not mention here, even if they HAVE TRUTH about our real lives, our lives are not that long anyway, we do not need to use words that can hurt other people, annoyance, heartbreak.
  3. As a player, who uses this Yull character that I created in 2011, an archer class that reached 106 level this year, in 2021, what am I losing from 10 seconds delay? I'm saying: Nothing.
    As an archer, I have more than three shooting skills. When hunting solo (archer only), I don't use those 3 skills already mentioned, and even if I'm in a party, I still have enough skills to fix the 10 second delay. So I don't need to cry. I would say check your other skills that you have never experienced, because remember you have more skills than 12 lines of macro.
  4. My only advice to friends who are curious about Chronos from Naia, who are curious about Naia from Chronos, play and observe on the other server for at least 1 month before going into discussions. If there are differences, inform NCSOFT officials or move to the server you are comfortable with or open a new character and continue on your way.
  5. Dear @Hime and  @Juji , if we can add an indication of which server our friends on the forums are from, maybe these ridiculous discussions and disagreements will come to an end, even if someone like me who says "let me read briefly, then go to sleep" will not sleep and freeze his blood. I think that whether we are old or new players in the game, whether we play 24/7 or daily 3-4 hours a day, whether we are old or young should not affect our human quality. I hope that friends who read this start to be more sensitive ...
    Enjoyable games ... And I thought Naia world talks were drama, the real drama was in the forum ... I was sorry.😔

There are also 3 30-minute buff skills that I forget about archers and want to remind. If you examine these, you will realize that you can balance yourself and your skills according to the situation in which you are hunting. Power shotting skill, Skill Cooldown skill and Speed shotting skill ... Maybe these were not their exact names, but the only thing I am sure is these 30-minute buff skills that every archer applies to himself. Please seriously review your skills, archer guys. 4 years ago the eviscator class was more, 2 years ago the feohs were on the increase, now I meet an archer in two steps. I think I will be easily killed by healers in 2 years. I'm looking forward to the new update ... 🤗

4 hours ago, joyswings said:
  2. As a player, who uses this Yull character that I created in 2011, an archer class that reached 106 level this year, in 2021, what am I losing from 10 seconds delay? I'm saying: Nothing.
    As an archer, I have more than three shooting skills. When hunting solo (archer only), I don't use those 3 skills already mentioned, and even if I'm in a party, I still have enough skills to fix the 10 second delay. So I don't need to cry. I would say check your other skills that you have never experienced, because remember you have more skills than 12 lines of macro.

I can tell you're  casual player, nothin wrong with that, but  your 106 archer is not a good comparison.  That's basically a fresh mentee.  not noticing the delay on a toon that level tells me you haven't played a higher toon, the delay between fires on a 106 makes my eyes bleed, playing solo with out those skills is madness,  add that to the lag and I can count seconds between shots.   When you reach higher level and join a party while not using 2 of those 3 skills, think you'll be kicked pretty fast.   Try a smaller macro, 12 lines is crazy long.    Throwing in a filler skill to make up for the cooldown is a bad solution imo.

@Degusagreed (wonder who you are in game) lol There is 0 difference between damage, skill etc conditions between Chronos and Naia.  Only difference is politics levels and economy not the mechanics of the game.

I do not feel the difference because I have so many cool down skill items went (stop watch time from 2.8 sec cooldown to 3.1) is it a difference but on average very insignificant at my level hurts lower people leveling up.  In a high end party of 110+ you must be using at least arrow rain and multi arrow (sometimes I use phoenix arrow if we think we are in a place or im not going afk).  Most of my archer macros are max 5 - 6 lines before it repeats.  The %C works on the longer cooldown skills like mass bullseye and phoenix arrow which are skipped on cooldown in the macro.

Joyswings I am glad your enjoy the game but when your talking high end content please don't you need to be in it to know it.  I am not high high end but im bottom of the top if that makes any sense so I can see where it progresses, my problem is no way from Point A to Point B with the current setup of the game no matter what I do, R110 Bloody Armor better cloaks, greater jewels, Dragon/Cursed weapons are just possible for 99.99% of the server so I am at a glass ceiling I can see better but I cannot touch it.

• Like 1