SS BUG

Solaris

I made a try and send a ticket with complain and also with a video .... the answer

GM Kairun March 06, 2019 18:32
Hello,

In order to investigate further, we need some more information from you. Please provide us with as much information as possible from the below:

Date of the issue
Time of the incident (PST/CST/EST/GMT)
Any other information you think may help

We’ll be happy to further investigate this issue for you once we receive this information.

Also, please note that Soulshots may vary on the type of item you are using to work just like your Soulshot (R-grade) which requires R-Grade weapons.

We look forward to hearing back from you.

Regards,

GM Kairun
NCSOFT Support Team

GM Dokumo March 07, 2019 04:12
Hello there,

I have tested this on our end and the Soulshot(R-grade) is working as intended when the Bloody Amaranthine Fighter is equipped.

For us to further investigate this issue, kindly provide more information as stated previously by GM Kairun.

Upon receiving your answer, we will be continuing with the investigation. Your patience and kind understanding is much appreciated.

We will be waiting for your response.

Regards,

GM Dokumo
NCSOFT Support Team

GM Buuj Friday at 19:39
Hello,

We have tested this on our end. However, we're unable to encounter any issue with using the Soulshot. I advise to please hover your mouse on your Soulshot and you will see that you soul shot count decreasing. Also, please try to compare the damage of your character when the Soulshot is active and when it is not. I hope this clarifies your inquiry.

Furthermore, if you have any other information you think that may help us, please don't hesitate to update this ticket.

If this is not the issue you are reporting, please let us know.

Regards,

GM Buuj
NCSOFT Support Team

Ok no Problem.

Logout all for maintenance beginning Monday, March 18, 2019 at 5 a.m. PST /  7 a.m. CST / 8 a.m. EST / 1300 GMT+1 will be unavailable for approximately 24 hours and 1 minutes

With this maintenance: Soulshots

• Soulshots Fix.

If you have any questions about the changes taking place during this maintenance, please feel free to ask if we can play without SS!!!!

Anyone who wants to fix the problem simply Logout. They have 24 hours and 1 minute available to fix the Problem.

I propose to everyone to change the title of character to "Fix SoulShots"

Assistance for the repair technical team.

1. Make a mobe to can receive max damage 10.000.
  2. Make the Character to can make max damage without SS 5.000
  3. Active the SS on Character. 
  4. Loging the Damage.
  5. Τest in different places.
  6. Count the hits with (True Active SS) and (False Active SS)
  7. Open the Loging File and check the Damage if matches with SS (True or False)

Post the Result..

I want to help solve the problem

The problem (Bug) exist!!!!!!

All you cry about is SS bug..this is not only SS bug. You can't send items/recieve items/put items to WH/withdraw items from WH, exchange items normally etc. Everything which has any kind of item movement and/or consumption is laggy.

6 minutes ago, Laran said:

All you cry about is SS bug..this is not only SS bug. You can't send items/recieve items/put items to WH/withdraw items from WH, exchange items normally etc. Everything which has any kind of item movement and/or consumption is laggy.

And still the GMs will blame you on your connection, don't worry 9_9

After 2 months of back and forth messages with support ticket about the shots lagging every h00 and h30, I gave up. Their answers are from someone who never logged into this game... well... they never did, so it makes sense xD

Laran and Nymphadorae are right. Let me sum it up again:

1. It is not a Shot lag but an item lag and affects for example also Healing Potions etc.

2. It is caused by the Player Character Server writing its data to a backup drive every half hour, precisely at xx:00 and xx:30. This must be done so that in case of server crashes, scams etc. lost items can be restored.

3. The effect gets worse the more items are introduced via promotions and the more players are online.

4. Since deleting items that players have paid for would lead to an uproar, the only thing that NCWest can do is reduce the number of players: ban the bots, disable auto-looping macros, restart the severs at random times to take out the afk shops.

5. What players can do to escape the Curse of the Backup is to log out at xx:58, then log in again at xx:10, then repeat the procedure at xx:28 resp. xx:40. The lag continues after the backup has finished, but it doesn't even start when you log in for example at xx:15

6. Since there are no other players on the QA server, GM Dokumo and GM Buuj won't notice the effect. They have to log in on Naia or Chronos at xx:58 or xx:28.

There is no excuse to say "test like this", "test there" ...
the bug is real and it affects everyone

my suggestion for SS bugs during full time (backup time) is to remove the SS from the backup list

backup at midday and backup at midnight only

Its been 1 whole year since there is a SS lag every round hour and yesterday it was not only constant SS lag , but also mail system was lagging hard.Not that I play anymore, but I know how annoying it can be, so fix the damn SS lag already.

4 hours ago, Yidao said:

1. It is not a Shot lag but an item lag and affects for example also Healing Potions etc.

Since soulshot add 100% damage probably it would be wise then to remove them and add double effect on skills and normal attacks. It is not the same thing? that way we will not get soulshot lags from visual effects and no item to be counted.

That thought has crossed my mind too. But then you have Blessed Spiritshots, which not only add M.Atk. but also Casting Speed, so that would have to be increased in Nukers' passive skills too. And then you have Rubies and Sapphires which further increase damage when Shots are used. Those Jewels would then become useless.

Once upon a time Shots also served as an adena sink to curb inflation, but what with them being given out for free by Herphah resp. being available in the L2Store, that function has long since ceased :)

look long story short something went wrong at last Maintenance to cause the current issues, there could be many reasons for what we see now

• - faulty or missing hardware, say they lowered the amount of RAM or CPU assisgned to the game server racks
  • - faulty optimisation scripts
  • - conficting code: Attendance Check might be running code on the back end which is poorly written or in a different build state (fafurion) then our current game version
  • - old event items that were not properly removed causing some code looping (funny btw how nobody has mention this one yet eh ;))
  • - etc.

any of the above could cause what is happening atm and to figure out which is which well that takes time, gotta remember that anything NOT hardware related will have to be look into & verified by the Korean Dev team and that just takes time - also depends how high this ends up on their todo list, wouldn't expect it to be high enough for them to come up with a hot fix before next scheduled maintenance

2 hours ago, Draecke said:

look long story short something went wrong at last Maintenance to cause the current issues, there could be many reasons for what we see now:

• - old event items that were not properly removed causing some code looping (funny btw how nobody has mention this one yet eh ;))

Especially if said items cause players to leave their characters logged in to recover Vitality ;)

But seriously, as you can see from the GMs' replies to Lophora, there is nothing wrong with the servers themselves (at least in early March, before the Attendance Check was installed). The only problem is the players. Remove the players and there won't be an item lag any more.

A good way to apprach the problem would be to adopt something like the Classic queue. Set the maximum number of players per server to 14 aka 2 parties, who can either cooperate to defeat a Boss or fight each other 7 vs. 7. In Japan that works just fine. If with such a setup the servers turn out to be stable for a month or two, you can increase the limit to 28, then after half a year to 42 and so on, thus finding out what the true number of players is that our hardware/software can handle. If we are lucky, some players will have moved on to other games in the meantime and the overpopulation problem solves itself :)

Guest Duardin
10 hours ago, Yidao said:

Laran and Nymphadorae are right. Let me sum it up again:

2. It is caused by the Player Character Server writing its data to a backup drive every half hour, precisely at xx:00 and xx:30. This must be done so that in case of server crashes, scams etc. lost items can be restored.

3. The effect gets worse the more items are introduced via promotions and the more players are online.

4. Since deleting items that players have paid for would lead to an uproar, the only thing that NCWest can do is reduce the number of players: ban the bots, disable auto-looping macros, restart the severs at random times to take out the afk shops.

5. What players can do to escape the Curse of the Backup is to log out at xx:58, then log in again at xx:10, then repeat the procedure at xx:28 resp. xx:40. The lag continues after the backup has finished, but it doesn't even start when you log in for example at xx:15

6. Since there are no other players on the QA server, GM Dokumo and GM Buuj won't notice the effect. They have to log in on Naia or Chronos at xx:58 or xx:28.

How do you think? Is this the only one MMORPG which we play?
What kind of stupid excuse is that?
Only Lineage II make backups?

It's time all NCwest team to be fired and with their abilities I suggest them to start selling donuts. Even in this forum when I change a setting an error appear, I've pushed button - contact us, I've described my problem and already 3 days nobody answer. Even they can not managed a stupid forum platform.
What kind of service is that?

NCdonuts team, if you got a little bit dignity find another job corresponding to your knowledge and negligence.  

12 hours ago, Duardin said:

How do you think? Is this the only one MMORPG which we play?
Only Lineage II make backups?

Of course other  MMORPGs make backups too, but those companies throw more money at their product. Maybe it will help you to understand what Draecke and I are saying if you don't think of Lineage II as a game intended to give you pleasure, but as a milking machine whose one and only purpose is to extract, with a minimum investment, a maximum amount of money from the player base. There is no juji except The Juji.

Lineage II is what it is. The item lag has not been fixed during the past 10 years, so it would be a bit delusional to expect NCWest to invest in better hardware and/or better programmed backup rountines now, when the game has reached the end of its life. If you don't have the equipment to play without Shots, simply don't do instances but hunt out in the open where you can easily kill the monsters. If this doesn't satisfy you, just play some other MMORPG where backups are done more smoothly. As stated above, if enough people go away, the problem will solve itself :P

Guest Duardin
6 hours ago, Yidao said:

Of course other  MMORPGs make backups too, but those companies throw more money at their product. Maybe it will help you to understand what Draecke and I are saying if you don't think of Lineage II as a game intended to give you pleasure, but as a milking machine whose one and only purpose is to extract, with a minimum investment, a maximum amount of money from the player base. There is no juji except The Juji.

Lineage II is what it is. The item lag has not been fixed during the past 10 years, so it would be a bit delusional to expect NCWest to invest in better hardware and/or better programmed backup rountines now, when the game has reached the end of its life. If you don't have the equipment to play without Shots, simply don't do instances but hunt out in the open where you can easily kill the monsters. If this doesn't satisfy you, just play some other MMORPG where backups are done more smoothly. As stated above, if enough people go away, the problem will solve itself :P

If enough people go away they will close the servers due to low population and lack of spenders.

Btw, I send my regards to NCdonuts team and high level of profesionalism -

9525084h.jpg

Archived