Live Server Maintenance: Wednesday, December 2, 2020

Hime

• L2 Team

Game servers will be down for maintenance beginning Wednesday, December 2, 2020 at 4 a.m. PST /  6 a.m. CST / 7 a.m. EST / 1 p.m. GMT+1 and will be unavailable for approximately 3 hour and 30 minutes.

With this maintenance:

• Standard database maintenance and application restarts will be performed.
  • The Autumn Night Market  will continue for 1 final week.
  • The 3 Life Stone items will be added to the Night Market Exchange for one week:
    • Accessory Augment Stone
    • Circlet Augment Stone
    • Top-grade Augment Stone
  • The original Legendary Card event continues for 2 weeks.
  • Black Friday sales will end on 12/2 at 7 a.m. server time.
  • The Black Friday Night Market Coin (x200) Special will be added back to the L2 Store for one week due to the issue encountered last week (all coins have already been fixed). The Black Friday special will be removed on 12/9 at 7:00 a.m. server time.
  • New Game Content Changes – Greedy Treasure Chest NPCs will be permanently added to Lv. 105+ hunting zones and will drop rare rewards or items that are usually obtained through the L2 Store only. Details are available here.
    • Greedy Treasure Chests have a 12 hour (+/- 3 hour) random spawn window.
    • Greedy Treasure Chests will also supply a high amount of XP/SP after being defeated
    • The item drop penalty will still apply when killing Greedy Treasure Chest NPCs

Other Notes

• The following items will be removed from players' inventories during the next maintenance on 12/9:
    • Haunted Chest
    • Bloody Haunted Chest

If you have any questions about the changes taking place during this maintenance, please feel free to post them on the forums. We also encourage you to follow @LineageIIOps for maintenance and server status updates.

• Thanks 2

2 minutes ago, iHyperlite said:

When do we take the new xp tables core is getting?

minor detail here but EU/RU got this week the same XP tables NCWest already had all this time so what you really are asking if we also get a 33% xp requirement per level reduction

1 minute ago, Draecke said:

minor detail here but EU/RU got this week the same XP tables NCWest already had all this time so what you really are asking if we also get a 33% xp requirement per level reduction

yes, the 1/3 reduction they are taking.  you are saying this is already applied to our servers?

3 minutes ago, iHyperlite said:

yes, the 1/3 reduction they are taking.  you are saying this is already applied to our servers?

what I'm saying is that Korea / EU RU / NCWest always had different XP requirement per level tables and that EU RU's tables got made equal to that of NCWest

btw Korea has the least XP required per level of all Regions, you may remember that 1 time when NCWest accidentally updated our servers with the Korean one and b00m ppl at 110 lost lvl's and those that were 112 gained levels

now we can speculate as to why EU/RU had higher XP tables to begin with as my guesstimate around that would be cause of how their premium system works so now EU/RU is cheaper to play on and faster to xp, looking forward to NCWest's counter answer to that.

• L2 Team
9 minutes ago, iAndouille said:

Hello Hime hope ur doing well!
Can we have a proper reward list and all hunting zone concerned for the greedy chest sooner or later? 

Hello iAndouille, here it is: https://forums.lineage2.com/topic/20305-greedy-treasure-chest-hunting-zones-details/

I was putting it in a separate post. Tables are still wonky so I need to work on that.

24 minutes ago, Hime said:

Game servers will be down for maintenance beginning Wednesday, December 2, 2020 at 4 a.m. PST /  6 a.m. CST / 7 a.m. EST / 1 p.m. GMT+1 and will be unavailable for approximately 3 hour and 30 minutes.

With this maintenance:

• Standard database maintenance and application restarts will be performed.
  • The Autumn Night Market  will continue for 1 final week.
  • The 3 Life Stone items will be added to the Night Market Exchange for one week:
    • Accessory Augment Stone
    • Circlet Augment Stone
    • Top-grade Augment Stone
  • The original Legendary Card event continues for 2 weeks.
  • Black Friday sales will end on 12/2 at 7 a.m. server time.
  • The Black Friday Night Market Coin (x200) Special will be added back to the L2 Store for one week due to the issue encountered last week (all coins have already been fixed). The Black Friday special will be removed on 12/9 at 7:00 a.m. server time.
  • New Game Content Changes – Greedy Treasure Chest NPCs will be permanently added to Lv. 105+ hunting zones and will drop rare rewards or items that are usually obtained through the L2 Store only. Details are available here.
    • Greedy Treasure Chests have a 12 hour (+/- 3 hour) random spawn window.
    • Greedy Treasure Chests will also supply a high amount of XP/SP after being defeated
    • The item drop penalty will still apply when killing Greedy Treasure Chest NPCs

Other Notes

• The following items will be removed from players' inventories during the next maintenance on 12/9:
    • Haunted Chest
    • Bloody Haunted Chest

If you have any questions about the changes taking place during this maintenance, please feel free to post them on the forums. We also encourage you to follow @LineageIIOps for maintenance and server status updates.

@Juji@Hime

Expected changes:

• An issue that caused temporary clan skills to disappear under certain circumstances is fixed.
  • Some outdated skills are removed: Arcane Barrier (Feoh), Wizard Spirit (Feoh), Reverse (Othell).

When will you remove these skills??? 

EU/RU Server removed these skills in November 25th.

Please fix it!

1 minute ago, Mystikal said:

Oh, great. Get ready for the server to be flooded with Angel jewelry again.

that's a good thing as next update we get improved angel epic system which will boost them alot

also from what I've seen on EU/RU who got those chests earlier this week the high level chests have good drop rate on lvl5 jewels

36 minutes ago, Draecke said:

that's a good thing as next update we get improved angel epic system which will boost them alot

also from what I've seen on EU/RU who got those chests earlier this week the high level chests have good drop rate on lvl5 jewels

Is this spawn farm able like the special toi boss? Or do these randomly spawn in a group that's being killed by someone giving them the best chance at killing it afk? 

• L2 Team
8 minutes ago, iHyperlite said:

Is this spawn farm able like the special toi boss? Or do these randomly spawn in a group that's being killed by someone giving them the best chance at killing it afk? 

It is a random spawn in many different locations.

51 minutes ago, Juji said:

It is a random spawn in many different locations.

You should change this, to randomly spawn with the same time but inside a mob spot and when a mob gets killed, otherwise its just going to be a bot farm fiesta, just like already happens in TOI.

Let afk ppl kill it because there is 0 change legit players can win over radar bots.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Draecke said:

what I'm saying is that Korea / EU RU / NCWest always had different XP requirement per level tables and that EU RU's tables got made equal to that of NCWest

btw Korea has the least XP required per level of all Regions, you may remember that 1 time when NCWest accidentally updated our servers with the Korean one and b00m ppl at 110 lost lvl's and those that were 112 gained levels

now we can speculate as to why EU/RU had higher XP tables to begin with as my guesstimate around that would be cause of how their premium system works so now EU/RU is cheaper to play on and faster to xp, looking forward to NCWest's counter answer to that.

Not exactly if you look at the l2 discord two people were comparing 100 - 112 its now quicker to xp in those regions then here, 112 + quicker to xp here, our XP table is upside down.  So they didn't get our xp tables they got their own new xp tables, reducing their overall xp needed and they can get to 110 + quicker than us.

• Thanks 1

I sincerely hope that these new chests aren't like the current Aden chests/Venusta's box or the "free" events with a 0.000000001% chance at a actual drop/item. I like the idea and I hope its implemented with everyone's best interests at heart!!! 👍

2 hours ago, Balathazar said:

Not exactly if you look at the l2 discord two people were comparing 100 - 112 its now quicker to xp in those regions then here, 112 + quicker to xp here, our XP table is upside down.  So they didn't get our xp tables they got their own new xp tables, reducing their overall xp needed and they can get to 110 + quicker than us.

Exactly my thoughts...

@Draecke here a fact experienced my self: to pass lvl 106 on West you need 600 tril ish exp, exactly the same amount you need on EU... for 106 lvl exp table is the same.

Would it be possible that you could make some actual use for the Rare Books of Splendour? 

I have literally exact 50 of those and the market has almost non-existent use for those. Maybe make a trade for those - Rare book exchange into something actually usefull. 

I can already see situations when u be all happy that u found a chest and start killing it, and then someone with a network of radar-bots appears out of nowhere, 1-shots the chest "for u" and dashes away with the loot. And maybe even PKs u as a "thank you". Sounds fun...

@Hime so only lv110 ppl can get something out of it and the lower ppl and all those that are starting now can’t get anything cuz u have to be TOP geared lv105 player  to farm on 105 zone, why not include 101 zones aswell? ..... that way all the server can benefit from it! 

• Like 1

Thats exactly whats gone happen
For sure some Farmer comes and out DPS / lasthit you 🤑

The only possible way that a normal players gets a reward from it is that Farmer is offline (just joking)
Maybe set pickup rights to first hit on that chest so at least it cant be stolen away

But i guess we all know that all our bad intentions on that will be fullfilt, typical lineage 2 managment 🙃

For once, I do embrace the new setup of those boxes as long they do not mess up the system.

Players <110 do get nice items aswell for free. That players > 110 get those gems is more than welcome, because 99% of people have already invested heavenly into the game.