Live Server Maintenance: Wednesday, April 28, 2021

Hime

43 minutes ago, joyswings said:

If I'm not mistaken, that mission was removed from the game 2.5 years ago.

Also I'm a 106 lvl archer right now dear @Slycutter 

https://l2wiki.com/Best_Choice

it's been changed to level 100+ Quest... if the Quest Items are different ID# they won't be accepted, so if you have quest active you may need to cancel and restart it to get rid of those(or put in a ticket by clicking Support link above).

• Like 1

18 hours ago, BurnCycle said:

I see most of you saying this is great and all... They just removed one more farmable content. You are being screwed. They are not going to revamp the system, this is a measure to "control" the issue that they had this week for chronos. (queue list) Funny part of it it would be solved tomorrow with the end of the XP event.

Enjoy the increase in prices for lv5 jewels! I already got mine. Good luck with all of you that didn't.

I have not seen a single Greedy Chest since they were introduced. Not one.  If the reason for that is because there are players cheating to gain an advantage, then we're better off pulling the plug on the whole thing. 

In short, I'd rather have NCSoft screw us over than greedy, cheating players. At least when NCSoft does it, I can hit them back where it counts. But you can't take adena from a cheating player who is making billions by hording items and opportunities intended for everyone to enjoy.

600 NIGHT MARKET COIN FOR 10B ADENA  FOR ONE LONGING TALISMAN -.- IN AH FOR 3 B  SERIUSLY?  THIS EVENT IS  A JOKE 
ACCESORY AUGMENT STONE FOR 40 NIGHT MARKET COIN  40 NIGHT MARKET = 680 MILLON ADENA IN AH FOR 300 M.
SUPERIOR GIANT CODEX =50 NIGHT COIN 50 COIN = 850 M ADENA   IN AH CODEX FOR 300M
CRYSTAL OF DAWN FOR 110 NIGHT COIN 110 COIN = ¡¡¡¡¡1.85 B ADENA!!! IN AH CRYSTAL DAWN 500M 
AND THE BOX NIGHT MARKET  ONLY DROP SCRAPS 650 BOXES https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sQ6813E3yRM

PLS SEE THE GAME THE REAL LIFE IN THE GAME IS OTHER  !!----SEEE THE GAME GM`S--¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡

hmmmm @SAXnVl0LlNSAre L2Wiki lofty missions refreshed the same way? I finished Exalted-1,  4 years ago. I am currently doing Exalted-5 on the modified system. You understand that these quest items are not mine. Picking from the auto place is a joke for me. Tomorrow (after getting my sleep well) I'll send a ticket. Thank you for your attention.😴

40 minutes ago, joyswings said:

hmmmm @SAXnVl0LlNSAre L2Wiki lofty missions refreshed the same way? I finished Exalted-1,  4 years ago. I am currently doing Exalted-5 on the modified system. You understand that these quest items are not mine. Picking from the auto place is a joke for me. Tomorrow (after getting my sleep well) I'll send a ticket. Thank you for your attention.😴

I believe that this is the only Quest left(1-105) that isn't part of the pre-Awakened/pre-Exalted/Exalted quick leveling Quest chains. The Practice items from those quests were never supposed to be tradeable/droppable, even if someone was forced PK then killed... they should have been destroyed. 

p.s. If you completed Exalted 1/2  more than 2 years ago, you can receive the updated rewards at Lionel Hunter.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, FatherFortuitous said:

I have not seen a single Greedy Chest since they were introduced. Not one.  If the reason for that is because there are players cheating to gain an advantage, then we're better off pulling the plug on the whole thing. 

In short, I'd rather have NCSoft screw us over than greedy, cheating players. At least when NCSoft does it, I can hit them back where it counts. But you can't take adena from a cheating player who is making billions by hording items and opportunities intended for everyone to enjoy.

Hunting them requires planning and commitment from a group of ppl. You won't hunt them solo for sure.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, iASSAi said:

That's a hole new topic that doesn't apply only to the GTC in the game . We didn't discover the moon now , that are bots and programms that can run in this game engine . Always was  and ,as i can tell from 15 years experience playing this game now, always will . Constant , discrete and fast responce to that kind of behaviour can minimize their effect to the server, IF the company is up to the task.Lets hope that the "new" aggrement that takes effect in a few days will be applied to the full. 

i wouldnt hold my breath with them though ....

11 hours ago, titansito1 said:

600 NIGHT MARKET COIN FOR 10B ADENA  FOR ONE LONGING TALISMAN -.- IN AH FOR 3 B  SERIUSLY?  THIS EVENT IS  A JOKE 
ACCESORY AUGMENT STONE FOR 40 NIGHT MARKET COIN  40 NIGHT MARKET = 680 MILLON ADENA IN AH FOR 300 M.
SUPERIOR GIANT CODEX =50 NIGHT COIN 50 COIN = 850 M ADENA   IN AH CODEX FOR 300M
CRYSTAL OF DAWN FOR 110 NIGHT COIN 110 COIN = ¡¡¡¡¡1.85 B ADENA!!! IN AH CRYSTAL DAWN 500M 
AND THE BOX NIGHT MARKET  ONLY DROP SCRAPS 650 BOXES https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sQ6813E3yRM

PLS SEE THE GAME THE REAL LIFE IN THE GAME IS OTHER  !!----SEEE THE GAME GM`S--¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡

Maybe you should stop playing Lineage II when you can't even understand basic mechanics.

The Night Market is a mechanic added to supply market and players with items that aren't currently in any L2Store promotion (some call them an event). A way to catch up by paying a little bit more. That some items are lesser priced in Auction House is just market at work. People will soon level out the price in AH to equal converted prices on Night Market. This is how big players make sure that their investment will increase in value. Basic economics.

The removal of the Greedy Chests is the biggest mistake of the year. And I hope within 2 weeks we have them back. Not because I can farm them, but because I can farm other stuff in order to buy the lv5 Brooch Jewels I need off the market place. Paying 150b for Ruby 5? Sure. Sounds good. I remember them going for 800b before Greedy Chests. You think it's to much and that it's only controlled by people that cheat? Maybe you should git gut and compete. If it's nothing more than placing a camera and do big damage, than why you not compete? Afraid of war? Afraid of Hybrid (and whoever farms them on Chronos. Nova? FS?) will kill you overnight for 'stealing' there loot. No. Stop having this pitty small brained logic. They can do it because there is no competition. Even the big boys themself cry about Greedy Chests because they don't get a slice of the pie.

@Juji Bring back the Greedy Chests asap! The market needs the items. But figure out a good way to reintroduce them.

• Haha 1

It is not about  game mechanics, how can you just throw a word in there and say it is solved( is like saing  it is science), if you botherd to write so much, explain what do you meen about basic mechanics.

It si about maketing strategy for max profit, the game is controld by the market, the game has problem with game mechanics everibody knows that.

Haw can you say to leave the greedy chest, you are encourangeing booting and no fayr play, and leading to server full of boots and skamers, you are ok with tahat as you can profit from it, np is basic mechanincs we understend.

Also removing greedy is basic mechanics they are for greedy playes, let tem pay in L2 store realy money if they want money in game like all the other playes.

If you only would half as mad about 2% of the server killing every Greedy Chests on the field as you would be on fact that NCWest has purposely vital game items behind a limited time paywall while other regions have them always available maybe we would not have this discussion.

The reason why you all mad about the Greedy Chests is because you cannot kill them, and you don't want to pay the 2% of the server for items you cannot get.

If you would make an account on Core and check over there, these jewels everybody cries about are readily available. Why? Because Brooch Jewels aren't locked away behind limited time paywalls. They are always in the L2Store. So you can ALWAYS get them off the market. There even been a time on Core that you could buy specific boxes, not the random boxes. So if you wanted to go try to make Lv5 Ruby, you could. On Naia/Chronos, you have to wait for a promotion to appear (once every 4-6 months) and buy a ton of boxes. We all know Ruby, Sapphire, Blue and Red Cats Eye are harder to obtain. So you gotta gamble. Gamble a lot just to get Ruby boxes. And than gamble again to make lv3's lv4's and finally try for lv5 at a 4% chance. And I never see people complain about that.

The Greedy Chests supply the market with vital items that are needed to progress the game. Thanks to the 17th Anniversary Event everybody running around with Lv20 Ruby/Sapphire/Blue or Red Cats Eye and seeing how powerful these items are. After the event, people will cry that they cannot do exp any more on zone X. And than question how to obtain another Ruby 5. There is no way. Boxes do not exist on market. Using Gemstone Powders to seal lv4 boxes costs almost as much as their value. Gem Energy have the same chance (4%) to upgrade Lv4 to Lv5 and also do not drop regular from Field of Crisis/Venusta Chests.

In the end. NCWest is a commercial company and have to reach certain financial quarterly goals. But as long as you complain that other players gain stuff, you aren't able to obtain you have to man up and compete and not be crying on the forum because you cannot.

As I said before. I cannot compete for the chests. I have never seen one appear nearby me. I never accidentality killed on during over night exp. But what I can do is gather adena. And I rather pay 150b for Ruby farmed by the 2% of Greedy Chests and improve my gear/setup so I can kill stuff faster (and thus farm more adena) than pay again 800b for Ruby 5 as before Greedy Chests were introduced.

There will always be someone who will comment on the comment made on someone comment about a comment on somone post,

On this topic, i have not said to remove ore not, i said that all are right, your coment was rong" you should leve the game, know about game mechanics......" you say 2 diferent thing in the same post.

You last post hase nothing to do what i said, it is a diferent thing, well whatever.

Have a nice day

2 hours ago, Dwarfsaurus said:

If you only would half as mad about 2% of the server killing every Greedy Chests on the field as you would be on fact that NCWest has purposely vital game items behind a limited time paywall while other regions have them always available maybe we would not have this discussion.

The reason why you all mad about the Greedy Chests is because you cannot kill them, and you don't want to pay the 2% of the server for items you cannot get.

If you would make an account on Core and check over there, these jewels everybody cries about are readily available. Why? Because Brooch Jewels aren't locked away behind limited time paywalls. They are always in the L2Store. So you can ALWAYS get them off the market. There even been a time on Core that you could buy specific boxes, not the random boxes. So if you wanted to go try to make Lv5 Ruby, you could. On Naia/Chronos, you have to wait for a promotion to appear (once every 4-6 months) and buy a ton of boxes. We all know Ruby, Sapphire, Blue and Red Cats Eye are harder to obtain. So you gotta gamble. Gamble a lot just to get Ruby boxes. And than gamble again to make lv3's lv4's and finally try for lv5 at a 4% chance. And I never see people complain about that.

The Greedy Chests supply the market with vital items that are needed to progress the game. Thanks to the 17th Anniversary Event everybody running around with Lv20 Ruby/Sapphire/Blue or Red Cats Eye and seeing how powerful these items are. After the event, people will cry that they cannot do exp any more on zone X. And than question how to obtain another Ruby 5. There is no way. Boxes do not exist on market. Using Gemstone Powders to seal lv4 boxes costs almost as much as their value. Gem Energy have the same chance (4%) to upgrade Lv4 to Lv5 and also do not drop regular from Field of Crisis/Venusta Chests.

In the end. NCWest is a commercial company and have to reach certain financial quarterly goals. But as long as you complain that other players gain stuff, you aren't able to obtain you have to man up and compete and not be crying on the forum because you cannot.

As I said before. I cannot compete for the chests. I have never seen one appear nearby me. I never accidentality killed on during over night exp. But what I can do is gather adena. And I rather pay 150b for Ruby farmed by the 2% of Greedy Chests and improve my gear/setup so I can kill stuff faster (and thus farm more adena) than pay again 800b for Ruby 5 as before Greedy Chests were introduced.

Very good post!  I think most educated people crying are about the way the the boxes CAN be farmed, I too appreciated the new jewels hitting the open market, much cheaper then they were, also never saw 1 chest, killed 1 while sleeping but even after restart I tried a few times to run around but if you see camera's, you're too late.  I 100% agree these timeD "events" are dumb, I missed out on this artifact event and now have to wait another 6 months?  My quarterly bonus comes in this friday and they have been removed from store,  maybe not a lot, but 100% lost revenue = BAD BUSINESS MODEL. 

6 hours ago, Dwarfsaurus said:

You tell people to quit the game and now to man up and compete, again two diferent things, and by man up you meen spend a ton of money cuse gem will not help you compete.

You will never be able to compete with them even if you buy lvl 5 ruby , you do know that does not mater it is not going to make you 200% stronger.

If you want to do change, no one should buy gem frome stor then the event will.be a failer and  they will reconsider the event.

Even after you get all the gem lvl 30 , they will bust up mob p.def or lower drop and you will be back to where you where, with a server full of boots and not able to log in to game to farm exp .

Ore they will crate a new itme candy + 20 stats, and again  you will not be able to get it bcause it will.be to expensiv , and you will.hope some one cand log 100 account ... and blabla..

Never ending sotry 3.

Say more about fair play, and a stable server so every one can play and have where to play , spots to farm .

17 hours ago, Dwarfsaurus said:

Maybe you should stop playing Lineage II when you can't even understand basic mechanics.

The Night Market is a mechanic added to supply market and players with items that aren't currently in any L2Store promotion (some call them an event). A way to catch up by paying a little bit more. That some items are lesser priced in Auction House is just market at work. People will soon level out the price in AH to equal converted prices on Night Market. This is how big players make sure that their investment will increase in value. Basic economics.

The removal of the Greedy Chests is the biggest mistake of the year. And I hope within 2 weeks we have them back. Not because I can farm them, but because I can farm other stuff in order to buy the lv5 Brooch Jewels I need off the market place. Paying 150b for Ruby 5? Sure. Sounds good. I remember them going for 800b before Greedy Chests. You think it's to much and that it's only controlled by people that cheat? Maybe you should git gut and compete. If it's nothing more than placing a camera and do big damage, than why you not compete? Afraid of war? Afraid of Hybrid (and whoever farms them on Chronos. Nova? FS?) will kill you overnight for 'stealing' there loot. No. Stop having this pitty small brained logic. They can do it because there is no competition. Even the big boys themself cry about Greedy Chests because they don't get a slice of the pie.

@Juji Bring back the Greedy Chests asap! The market needs the items. But figure out a good way to reintroduce them.

If  they had a solution it would ‘ve been implemented with the maintenance, 

the money are big in that market

“ temporarily” in ncwest means forever

cheers

@Juji

My clan members are en masse complaining about hourly d/c, Auction House not allowing to list items, Auction House not able to buy items and that NPC purchases and NPC upgrades are delayed.

Seems like removing Greedy Chests didn't sort anything out.

About these Greedy Chests if people are saying that they are helping the market we should think about another solution for them. instead of having a chest popup Can't they just make it drop from a mob lvl 115 + randomly? Like this there wont be any spy's waiting for the chest and ppl would need to hunt mobs and hope to get luck and getting a chest. 

On 4/28/2021 at 11:42 AM, Connex said:

Do not gamble? Use the ncoin to buy actual items that will boost your character, farm adena and buy w,e you need? maybe? but no, you have to cry about everything, just cuz things are not going your way! The vast majority of games have this system, go play tetris instead!

QQ not at all i stopped investing in L2 store events months ago, i'm not biting the traps of the lovely shiny items they display. As i said in my previous posts NCwest it's a scam and no longer a credible company. I already play a different game thx for your tip ;)

• Thanks 1

On 5/4/2021 at 10:57 AM, Toooldforthis said:

dcs 1 hours ago again and again  lag and now i cant connect at all stops before the option to  choose server  saying exit and thats all  :(.Is server down?

+1

Again the server problems every day the same hours lag and dc 2-3 times per day . THIS IS NOT  OFFICIAL SERVER. this is...... and finally transfers players from  Chronos to Naia...ahahahahahhaaa. Very nice decision.

We can't even login . 

The servers are crap...they upgrade them they say - that was an April's fool joke . 

The problem is that when you open a ticket for latency - mass dc - single random dc- you receive an automatic answer - is not NCSoft's fault  please check with your provider . This is ridiculous we are 1000 people with the same problem and you are insist that you don't have any problem . 

Please open up a poll for latency  and mass dc issues instead of forum thread .

This message received from your ENGINEER - ROADWAY OFFICER  regarding the lag issue 

The concerns you have regarding this issue are very common but the best way I can explain this is with a highway analogy. Your house is your PC, your car is the data and your destination is our game server. Now, the goal here is to reach the destination in the shortest amount of time possible but how you accomplish that really depends on several factors. Traffic, road conditions, time of day... etc etc. Depending on what route you take to reach your destination, your arrival time will likely be affected by these factors. For example, if you take the city streets instead of the highway, you will reach your destination much latter than if you had simply taken the highway from the start. This is the same for data across the Internet. As your game changes, so does your destination. Depending on where that game server is located, you could be driving to the local corner store or half way around the world. This is why one game can have no issues connecting and playing without "lag" and another game can. Just like on the highway, sometimes there is traffic and sometimes the route is clear. To get around that traffic, you have to change your course. That is what needs to happen here. Your data's "course" is going through a series of "hops" which are negatively affecting your overall connection. At each "hop" you are losing more and more data until when you finally reach your destination, you don't have enough data to complete whatever task you were attempting to accomplish. In keeping with the car analogy, think of driving a car without any nuts and bolts. As you drive to your destination, bits and pieces of the car are falling off, resulting in less and less of the car making it to the destination. By the time you reach your destination, your car is only a shell of it's former self. Now, normally this would simply mean you are disconnected because not enough data was received. However, due to security concerns, client / server based applications like Blade and Soul put the server ahead of the client. Meaning that if there is a dispute between where your character is located in the world, the server always wins. So when you drop this massive amount of data en route to the server, it has to guess in order to fill in the missing data. This causes your character to warp around the screen as it is trying to sync with the server. If the data was reaching the server intact, this wouldn't happen and your character's movement and actions would be fluid. In the end, you will need to contact your ISP directly to have them resolve this issue. This is simply because they are the ones that control the route your data takes. NCSoft has no control over your data until it reaches our servers and as such, we need to get your ISP involved. 

Unquote

I have FERRARI  pc ( costs more than your servers ) and MASSERATI internet connection (  100mbps ) but your highway is full of rocks and i brake my car . Please fix the highway or pay for my car  .