Forums

PK RESET ISSUE

It has been years of geared players pking exalted f2p players just for fun or to clean area for their alts and now you guys will reset all pks and karmas? Letting them get alway with murder??? We already have a pk quest ingame. Let them waste their time cleaning all the mess and hate they have brought to this game. Reseting Pk and Karma is dumb

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

JUJI cannot do that, that would be disrespectful to the entire lineage 2 community, Whoever gave PK has to be responsible for their actions! There is a quest that removes  PKs !!! If Clearing the PKs, and the people who died and lost XP how is it?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

28 minutes ago, ProDigY said:

Dumb question: How do you know they will reset all PK's?

They don't, pure speculation. 

Also, the pk count is irrelevant. You can buy reduce scrolls from the clan shop. Even if someone has 1000s, it won't be hard to clear.

Edited by Hyperlite
  • Like 1

Problems is they can wash the red too quick it does not scale with level.

Had this interesting issue in IT last night.  Someone demanded we leave the room even its a time instanced and was almost done told them we need 2 more minutes was not good enough for them one went red so I target the red as I was killing it he went white because they killed 1 mob read that again 1 mob and now im purple, my party trying to defend goes purple we rez then the same thing happens again 1 goes red he goes white we all purple and mass pvp again.

You should not be able to erase a PK by killing 1 or 10 mobs should be equal to at least 1 hour XP at your level on average (obviously depending on bonus xp).

I find it highly stupid people 105+ can wash a pk with 1 mob thats insanely stupid.

Edited by Slycutter

2 hours ago, Slycutter said:

Problems is they can wash the red too quick it does not scale with level.

Had this interesting issue in IT last night.  Someone demanded we leave the room even its a time instanced and was almost done told them we need 2 more minutes was not good enough for them one went red so I target the red as I was killing it he went white because they killed 1 mob read that again 1 mob and now im purple, my party trying to defend goes purple we rez then the same thing happens again 1 goes red he goes white we all purple and mass pvp again.

You should not be able to erase a PK by killing 1 or 10 mobs should be equal to at least 1 hour XP at your level on average (obviously depending on bonus xp).

I find it highly stupid people 105+ can wash a pk with 1 mob thats insanely stupid.

This happens to me all the time when I try to kill a PK, he kills a mob, becomes white and I become purple. This is very annoying as then I get killed instantly. But this is a bug NC is not able or willing to fix. They chose to change the PK system instead.

Increasing drastically the amount of xp required to clear karma would make that bug exploitation more difficult and would allow people to at least try to fight back after being PKed.

Edit: Anyway, let's see what changes they decided to implement this time. I've not seen any communication on the details yet (typical).

Edited by Helvie

12 hours ago, Hyperlite said:

Also, the pk count is irrelevant. You can buy reduce scrolls from the clan shop. Even if someone has 1000s, it won't be hard to clear.

New pk system puts a cap on maximum amount of pks you can clean per day so they essentially change the rules, hence why the pk count reset was needed.

16 hours ago, Hyperlite said:

16 hours ago, ProDigY said:

Dumb question: How do you know they will reset all PK's?

pure speculation? Juji already told they would and now just read the new PK system post. Would you?

This new pk system won't change anything at all.  [moderated] pks me and my buff daily, he gets probably 30+ pks daily  He kills like 30 mobs and his karma is gone.  So what if he shows up on the map his karma is gone.. So what if he has this debuff he hardly exp's as is, he can sit with his clannies and leech for 3 hours or stay in town.  What does this solve?  People will still PK they still PK In classic which is where the pk system was first implemented and they still have a issue with perma red pkers or even regular pkers.  its done nothing to "curb" Pkers at all.

Edited by PhoenixMitra
Removed name.

22 hours ago, OrcD3vil said:

This new pk system won't change anything at all.  [moderated] me and my buff daily, he gets probably 30+ pks daily  He kills like 30 mobs and his karma is gone.  So what if he shows up on the map his karma is gone.. So what if he has this debuff he hardly exp's as is, he can sit with his clannies and leech for 3 hours or stay in town.  What does this solve?  People will still PK they still PK In classic which is where the pk system was first implemented and they still have a issue with perma red pkers or even regular pkers.  its done nothing to "curb" Pkers at all.

Yeh i dont understand why we dont get the old pk system.Top players shouldnt be able to do whatever they want, they should be feared of losing their gear, but i bet NCsoft doesnt wanna make them angry since they are paying them.

7 minutes ago, rangomal said:

Yeh i dont understand why we dont get the old pk system.Top players shouldnt be able to do whatever they want, they should be feared of losing their gear, but i bet NCsoft doesnt wanna make them angry since they are paying them.

What old system? Where you dropped items? 

It's been stated over and over why dropping while red was removed. It won't come back.

42 minutes ago, rangomal said:

Because they cannot or will not fix the macro issues resulting from pk drops and no, the afk macroing isn't going to go away either, the game is structured around it and unless that's changed in a future update it just isn't happening.

When the rules of the game are changed then everyone must be reset to zero. You cry babies are just that, whining babies. You can't say before a poker game, Aces wild, and then 2 hands later say, aces are = 1. This system will change nothing anyways. A 30% pdef/mdef debuff is nothing, that is equal to using a freya rose. So pk all you want and use a rose and voila, debuff is null and void. I rarely pk using a rose, so now I will have to use rose, wha wha. I've bought toilet paper more expensive than that in the last few months.

The reason there must be PK is because this is an alt game now. Top players (at least on Chronos) don't play their mains out in open field, they run at least 2 alts and some really bad men run 30+ alts to farm & gather adena. The mains sit in town as they watch radar for war tags to gank. Also detagging for xp is NOT a valid reason not to PK you. Just because you got no clan or some random clan this week, the evil ones will and do go straight back to the same clan. Known enemies are known enemies whether on mains or on alts and should be PK'd, period end of story. There must be Pk's in this game because there is a 24/7 afk macro system now in game. Without the option to PK the map would be filled with summoner bots.

The clan system should be changed so that if you detag or are kicked you can not rejoin that same clan OR their ally for 1 month. That will solve the PKing of those losers that detag to xp. Some even detag in the middle pvp to make you go red which is exploitation of the rules and should be just as much a banable offense as exploiting cursed sword boxes before they are up for attacking.

If i'm certain a toon needs to be PK'd to stop an enemy from xp or farming then I'm going to PK and if I'm uncertain of a toon that might need to be PK'd then the only way to be sure is to PK. 

6 hours ago, Hyperlite said:

What old system? Where you dropped items? 

It's been stated over and over why dropping while red was removed. It won't come back.

THEY stated their macro system is broke, and instead of fixing it they made that change.  Doesn't make it right the game for more than 1/2 of its existence was drop while red it was a gamble if you would lose something for pking someone.  It made being red a risk/thrill for some, since they couldn't' figure out how to fix macroing without risking people going red they did the easy out and make PKing someone have no risk why everyone just pks everyone for no reason and bullies people day in day out making a toxic game for people to play.