Live Server Maintenance: Thursday, July 9, 2020

Hime

1 hour ago, Get2ThePoint said:

And no, the Lucien Bracelet is NOT the top prize. It's the pricey concession. A Top Kaliel bracelet is better, cheaper, and more easily had.

Overall some good points, but you're a little off about the Top Kaliel.

First, enchanting a basic Kaliel bracelet to +5, then again to Greater +5, then again to Top +5 isn't a cakewalk for every player. Not hard to enchant, but fail is possible. Some ppl have bad enchant luck and may not care to try. The appeal of Lucien is that the enchants are 100% success all the time. 

Second, you forgot to mention Crystals of Dawn. You need those to upgrade Kaliel. They aren't cheap -- they cost around 800M in Chronos AH now -- but maybe you get lucky and an event happens where they drop often for free.

When all said and done, a +5 Top Level Kaliel can cost 10-15B in the long run. It only seems cheaper, because you probably made it over a period of time like an installment plan. xD I agree that I would rather have Top Kaliel over Lucien.  My Lucien is only +7, but it stays in my WH. I don't use it. Don't care to upgrade it further. Don't really need to.

Edited by GhostShadow
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

On 7/8/2020 at 5:03 PM, Hime said:
  • The Rim Kamaloka event will start for five weeks. Event details can be found here.

@Hime @Juji

I know this might hurt lesser geared players, but I'm going to ask anyway.

For Challenges Stage 2 and Stage 3 of Rim Kamaloka, please speed up the respawn rates of the mobs. Or better yet, add more mobs. I should not have to wait 3-5 seconds after killing one mob for another to appear. I dispatch them with 2-3 arrows at most, which means most of the time I'm inside Kama I'm twiddling my fingers waiting for something to appear. In a timed instance, waiting is the kiss of death. Hopefully you can make adjustments during next week's downtime.

Thanks for listening, I appreciate your time.

~ G.~

• Like 1

On 2020-07-09 at 8:00 AM, Juji said:

Support Classes (Knight and Healer) can obtain more points per monster kill.

It was related to a server that stores information that was becoming overloaded with redundant data. The fix removes the redundant data to prevent further overloading and outages.

Healer, 107lvl, 60k m atc. Killed 2 mobs. Got and F. 5 frags. 

Great reward. 

So I hate to complain but there are some serious flaws with this instance.  As some have pointed out, it's virtually impossible for support classes to succeed.  

Additionally, it is absurdly biased in favor of ranged DD's.  I'm a reasonably well geared level 109 Tyrr and I can't hit S reward no matter what I do (in the 105-109 instance).  It's not because I don't kill fast, it's because of how few mobs there are and how far away they are from each other.  Provoke is buggy and, even if it did work correctly, it won't hit mobs on the edge.  Because of this I am running back and forth wasting time chasing mobs.  A comparably geared archer/nuker can literally start their macro, go get a drink, make a sandwich, comeback, and hit S reward. 

Come on NCNA.........

Edited by Rodah
  • Like 1

D

845,567,508,240 EXP

253,670,252,472 SP

Rim Kamaloka Box (x1)

Fragment of Nightmare (x20)

F

422,783,754,120 EXP

126,835,126,236 SP

Fragment of Nightmare (x5)

@Juji am I missing something, lowest Sp we get from completing Rim Kama is 126 BILLION sp, but we are cap at 50 billion, Is there something I

missed?

Edited by HellsDarkKnight
corretion

On 7/9/2020 at 12:00 AM, Juji said:

Support Classes (Knight and Healer) can obtain more points per monster kill.

It was related to a server that stores information that was becoming overloaded with redundant data. The fix removes the redundant data to prevent further overloading and outages.

tank and heal get more points per kill? that's honestly just insulting to a healer. so i get a whole 4 points instead of 2? and not ISS? tanks have a much better chance at this than iss do. if you couldn't take buffs in like oly i would understand, but this makes no sence.

The goal isn't to finish top 3. The goal is to finish with a high enough score to win at least 1 box. The higher the score, the more boxes. You have ~35 days, which is a chance for ~35 boxes. Most stacked DDs will have more boxes and more chances, of course.

But this eventually comes back to same problem with L2 -- Korean random odds of getting a good prize. I did Rim on multiple characters. I've had a dozen boxes altogether. My reward? Fragments. All fragments. I don't need bleeping fragments!

8 hours ago, HellsDarkKnight said:

D

845,567,508,240 EXP

253,670,252,472 SP

Rim Kamaloka Box (x1)

Fragment of Nightmare (x20)

F

422,783,754,120 EXP

126,835,126,236 SP

Fragment of Nightmare (x5)

@Juji am I missing something, lowest Sp we get from completing Rim Kama is 126 BILLION sp, but we are cap at 50 billion, Is there something I

missed?

It's called a happy bug. Leave it alone...

On 7/9/2020 at 7:18 PM, GhostShadow said:

@Hime @Juji

I know this might hurt lesser geared players, but I'm going to ask anyway.

For Challenges Stage 2 and Stage 3 of Rim Kamaloka, please speed up the respawn rates of the mobs. Or better yet, add more mobs. I should not have to wait 3-5 seconds after killing one mob for another to appear. I dispatch them with 2-3 arrows at most, which means most of the time I'm inside Kama I'm twiddling my fingers waiting for something to appear. In a timed instance, waiting is the kiss of death. Hopefully you can make adjustments during next week's downtime.

Thanks for listening, I appreciate your time.

~ G.~

I bet "working as intended." I went 24 seconds without anything spawning. Do you know how many mobs a well-geared, fully buffed archer can kill in half a minute? That's almost as long as BR buff lasts. Rim Kama is Rim Broma.

in other words make Rim class based aka give Archers & Mages a ranking / mob spawn logic of their own and same for melee classes and supports

or just get rid of the ranking as nobody cares to see the broken game called archer single player mode ftw

other games would be looking at game balancing but NC only looks at account payable balances

• Like 1

what we need is a game without melee lag and random disconnects + x3 x5 time cheaper promos so the playerbase is mid to high tier geared, if we have a better way of getting gear and people rly having fun, all else will come naturally

we play a model designed for Korean mentality with Korean level of equipment, where an average SUPPORT PLAYER HAS X2/X3 times better gear than 99.99% of the DD's on Chronos and Naia, when are you going to understand that in the long run this is a fail ATM after the last 3 updates - IT IS ALMOST IMOPOSSIBLE TO FIND GOOD SUPPORTS LVL 108+ with good gear

The biggest problem of this forum is that there is no dialogue here between L2 players comunity and NCSoft representatives but there is a monologue of players complaining about imbalance in the game, bugs, poor performanc, etc. 

And when NCSOFT is doing something crazy (oops i did it again), the GMs are just keeping silence and not replying to the posts.

People keep complaining to throw out here their rage and anger but i think not many now are actually hoping that GMs would listen to them and react. 

Edited by Miff
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Miff said:

The biggest problem of this forum is that there is no dialogue here between L2 players comunity and NCSoft representatives but there is a monologue of players complaining about imbalance in the game, bugs, poor performanc, etc. 

And when NCSOFT is doing something crazy (oops i did it again), the GMs are just keeping silence and not replying to the posts.

People keep complaining to throw out here their rage and anger but i think not many now are actually hoping that GMs would listen to them and react. 

10000000000000000% agree

Edited by MagicNak

• Hime unpinned this topic