Herald of Light Poll & Feedback Collection

Hime

Herald of Light Poll & Feedback Collection  

171 members have voted

1. 1. How do you rate the Herald of Light update overall?

• I’m enjoying it.
    • I feel neutral about it.
    • I am not enjoying it.

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 06/26/2021 at 05:00 AM

i had to type in "poll" in the search bar to find this forum....thats an obvious issue

i wish korea would read these forums and understand the problem of the game

the game does not have any drops for players at all, except for the top guys killing dragons and rb's...players want item drops from instances

the only relatively easy way to level up jewels (e.g. ruby/sapphire) is to level up new toons and grind them thru 100,000+ monsters and pay hundreds of millions of adena for gem energy won from NCstore promo event for for an ATTEMPT (just an attempt to most likely end in failure) at increasing the level of that jewel to 4....who in the hell would want to do that? that is not fun

its not okay for a player to spend hundreds of USD a month to gear up their character

easy solutions for this and makes the players happy, is to add item drops to game and add the einhasad shop these kidz are begging for

also, the update brings monster statistic numbers from korea, or perhaps where we are supposed to be in NCwest if we had items available?  all players are complaining of harder monsters after updates, in regions where they were killing normally before the update....there was no reason to change the stats on regions, aside from the new regions and adena increases

maybe korea can explain why NCwest had an awesome few days of enchanting, but now we fail on +4 items all the time after their unscheduled live server maintenance?

this maybe common sense too, but timers on exp runes/prestige runes/drop runes or anything that is paid for with real USD $ currency from the L2store needs to be on the players time....its not on the servers time, not on the player killers time, not on the GM's time....its the time of the individual who purchased the rune/consumable......easy solution is to change exp rune to exp buff/potion so the timer stops when you are logged out

hope korea has a good translator, im american...youre welcome

31 minutes ago, iHyperlite said:

If NCwest had some sort of marketing strategy, and cut their event prices to 1/4 of what they currently are, they would have a massive influx of players beyond belief.  This game isnt affordable for most people who play.

the problem with that is, they dont have anything to market

what is going to keep players in this game having fun in 2021? grinding a million monsters every night after killing the same instance boss you killed 5 years ago for .0500% exp? i think not

people dont start a new game so they can purchase event items....

hi
im back to play like 2 or 3 moths ago, and i can say 2 o 3 things about the herald of light update and the previous update

1- adena income: adena for low lvl players(new or comeback ppl) is a joke, exalted weapons and armor are okay(jewlery are miss here), but, if you want to go farm some areas like crisis, alligator, or make castilla, you need more equipment, and to get that...you need to spend like 2 or 3kkk adena. but at 105 + lvl you reach at least 100kk, and half of that goes on SS or BSS, making then hard to get better gear to farm.

2- mobs and drop: this topic is the worst you make, i make crisis and i can say the difference its insane, a tank die from 5 hits, a archer from 3(with exalted set), when previusly i can farm the entire spot, plus...when i finish the zone, i get like 5 or 6 boxes per char...and now i get with a bit of luck 1 or 2, even if the boxes are a joke.
i make castilla 105 with a yull and i die 2 times cause mobs literally hit me even with ue and are so hard to kill too

3- maybe the update is ok for high lvl toons or ppl who have gear already, but for new/comeback ppl, its too hard to enjoy the game when the only way to progress is based on spend insane amounts of money on store and theres no other ways to get better items or get an adena income(like elcyums)

1 hour ago, iHyperlite said:

this is literally the entire mobile gaming market summed up into 1 sentence.  it can work, yes.

no, pay2play events are not the way in L2...part of the problem, not the solution

L2 is a long-term investment, people play for decades literally...so, why a pay2win/pay2play event every 2 weeks?

update is quite fine, no lags no spikes all goes very smooth.

there are some opinions about game economy but only proper dev team with clever people would know how to balance adena drops to adena sinking, now we have big inflation due to added adena drops. instead of making loot boxes with complete lv1/2/3 dragon weaps or cursed weaps, you should focus more on claws/bloods because every click of dw/cursed will sink 200+b adena from server. that may help.

The game was never free nor easy, I get it most people get it. Those of us who like the game will most likely be here but I personally interacted with over 20 people that tried to make a comeback in the past 3 months made it to 105 few to 106 and havent logged since.

Everyone has suggestions and ideas, a lot have solid justified answers, my point is that you guys never were a community oriented company, you never listened to the players and its fine, there is the company policy and the guidelines that you have to follow. 

My suggestion, try changing one thing that has been asked in the past (something small that align with the companies policy) and then come  asking for feedback on how things are.

I am starting to see the irony here. There are many complains about events that need money and so on but people now WANT to give you their money and you just do not want it? Not gonna lie, I had to log on the EU server to check the Einhasad Store.

For those that play the game for what it is, they will be here in 2-3 years, the rest might as well move on. It is already too late, we are "5 minutes from midnight". If you do something, better do it fast and it better be to help the 106-110 players that need it the most.

• Thanks 1

Was excited about Neutral zone, area too small, no spots free and if you actually find one high lvl players come and kill you. Like the same xp for regardless of number of players concept.  Look at the size of Ketra/ Varka compared, Tiny area for the majority of your player base lvl zone, doesn’t make any sense.

Don’t like swamp Nerf. 

Where are 110+ skills? Quests factions. We all need things to work for.

Making mobs hit harder doesn’t effect high lvl  players so I don’t know what your logic is there?

Also that was a very long time to wait for such a small update, come on NC what’s wrong with you? 

on a side note.

Update was meh.

Increase adena drops on fields (open world) 105+ by 50%
Add another "Tanor" area 
You can revamp places like school of dark arts to match these levels.

I could literally type a wall of text with ideas and changes and how each will work and affect economy/players etc, but like I said, you will need to make the first step by atually showing us that you are serious about the feedback that you ask.

2 hours ago, Failure said:

no, pay2play events are not the way in L2...part of the problem, not the solution

L2 is a long-term investment, people play for decades literally...so, why a pay2win/pay2play event every 2 weeks?

They do events for 2 or 3 weeks to force people to pay more money " pay now and buy alot we have special offers if you do not buy now you will not get the itmes because it is a time offer " that  why i asked to add artifact  as a permenent L2 store itmes so i can buy when i want not to be forced  to buy only when they want, mabey I can not login in that period- it is a market  strategy  to squeeze  people money to the max.

I'll keep it short.

Don't nerf adena drops,  increase on different spots. 

Introduce the einhased shop.

Bring back quest, dailys, factions to give people purpose. 

Let mobs drop armor/wep/stuff again. Even if its on a low rate, I really enjoyed waking up from farming and seeing a present in the inventory, eventho its only 1.

I'll hope u do something with the feedback.

BIG LOL, you had increased the difficulty of mobs in several areas while YOU DON'T GIVE PEOPLE A CHANCE to increase their damage, that makes no sense!!! Are you just trying to make us angry? How do you expect a low-mid player to grind up properly when the difficulty of the monsters has been increased AGAIN?

This is just crazy.

- first thing i noticed  as a fairly well geared  character ( above average) was the  additional adena  in  IOS however it seems adena buff isnt triggered as often even tho u can wipe 3 circle spawns,  still in the 110 area  but now if i fail to use additional boosts i gain from kastila   i can actually die whereas 1 week ago i could survive if buffs fell off and had no buffs on 

- same thing applies  in PI   if not fully buffed and additional boosts not used   mobs will kill you , coupled with   a fading  melee lag hotfix , additionally as per others mention  scrolls dont drop with prestige rune very often and probably can count 1 hand since implemented on server  dawn crystal drops ,   despite this  i can select 3 x 500 mobs for homunculus enchant points  (1500+ mobs in 60 mins ) = zero scroll drop and this can be like this back to back or 1-3 scrolls for entire week .. with prestige pack. So how doe's

a 105 -112 in basic  exalted gears  (lets face it 65% of servers  still in this range)  do this when it was a 105 area 

- thought i go look at new 107 area     jammed packed (no spots free)  also   with 30% 113+ chars  soloing ...  i think i counted (25  spawn  points)  thats got to be fantastic news for 107 characters  this area was intended for -  Question why cant these areas   give penaltys like a raid boss curse to chars not within 3 levels to deny them activity in said zone

- all these  Named mobs/npc in area's( patch notes) say increased stats and  rewards have been adjusted    why cant we be told exactly  how each of  its stats have changed and  most importantly rewards -  im sure mobs stats been changed for sure .... enlighten us on the reward bit  because i am sure soon as coinciding event ends no one with notice any reward difference  vs prior herald of light patch being applied 

- with all these  NEGATIVE POINTS being raised  ....   how does a  new player following exalted quest with all  the rewards from exalted  even have  a chance  if some like my character with my gear struggles 

there are a lot exalted 110 that can not do a 105  entry level special hunting zone 

how doe's  NCWEST  expect  new players to grow,   let alone  worry if they can retain them , 

First of all Hello @Hime   and thanks for considering to make a poll and ask for feedback of the community.

1: As an old player on our server i can say that  Farming Adena is Good on IOS 1/Neutral zone,  and it gives the opportunity to lower geared toons to make some adena daily,

i didn't say they will get rich or get into endgame in a minute but it gives a sense of achievement and making 1-2b/ day can make you improve step by step at ur level. 

2: Lack of content and PvP and access to items:   this is the only main thing i will complain about,   Peoples are abusing 14 clan members clan to avoid Wars by force because you can't get a war that way with less than 15 clan members, it resulted in chronos that All clan were split onto 14 members for free farming/pve, killing all the pvp

We should get a message displayed on server when Big raid boss spawns such as Baium/Lilith/Anakim/Orfen or whatever, they are controlled by a minority of endgame players, there's no competition at all about it.

There's not much competition for endgame player for the simple reason, there is no access to endgame item at a suffisant quantity and fair price to make peoples gear up and compete. 

Too many LootBoxes/Gambling,   people would like to spend money on events and actually get rewarded for it,  i know many frustrated players who quitted because drops on lootboxes were really garbage.  

If the game give more opportunity to farm/get access to items, not only adena, then many more players will play,  we need to log in and have something to achieve, farm to get our items, this will bring back many players.

Cheaper game = more players = more competition = more money = more people happy. (Better 1000 player spend 100$,  than 100 player spend 1000$) u got my point.

And last thing,  daily instances, i still don't know what's the purpose of them, they don't drop anything, and xp is crap :D 

Thxs again!

34 minutes ago, iAndouille said:

First of all Hello @Hime   and thanks for considering to make a poll and ask for feedback of the community.

1: As an old player on our server i can say that  Farming Adena is Good on IOS 1/Neutral zone,  and it gives the opportunity to lower geared toons to make some adena daily,

i didn't say they will get rich or get into endgame in a minute but it gives a sense of achievement and making 1-2b/ day can make you improve step by step at ur level. 

That is simply false: Farming Adena on IOS 1/Neutral zone now is impossible for ”lower geared toons” precisely because of the old players that you point out to be part of, who have taken over all this farming places designed for lower toons. So as an old player you should know that very well, or, if you don't, you should not bring it up. I do agree that what you claim to be good adena farming applies to old players, so this may very well be the reason you speak so highly of this changes.

On the contrary, live is a lot harder for the ”lower geared toons” you speak of, because all the mobs hit a lot harder (not just the ones in timed zones that were announced), so, in addition to not having access to the new / improved areas, they had to go down even more on farming zones.

You want pvp? Allow ”lower geared toons” to evolve, so that they can enjoy pvp too. Or do you want to keep this 1 shot pvps on ”lower geared toons” in order to feel strong? Of course no one accepts wars if they stand absolutely no chance in the said war. But how can they progress of you, the ”old players”, constantly take over the zones designed for them?

I think your message is ”this is a good update for old and geared up players, so i like it”. And it`s ok, everyone should get a vote based on his/her own experience, but please, don't make this look like a good update for ”lower geared toons”. It's not, it's horrible for them, and it greatly discourages new players too. 

• Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, Mitzza said:

They do events for 2 or 3 weeks to force people to pay more money " pay now and buy alot we have special offers if you do not buy now you will not get the itmes because it is a time offer " that  why i asked to add artifact  as a permenent L2 store itmes so i can buy when i want not to be forced  to buy only when they want, mabey I can not login in that period- it is a market  strategy  to squeeze  people money to the max.

you can buy artifacts from in-game NPC

1 hour ago, iAndouille said:

Cheaper game = more players = more competition = more money = more people happy. (Better 1000 player spend 100$,  than 100 player spend 1000$) u got my point.

your math doesnt make sense

also, if a player does not want to buy promo now, making promo cheaper will not make them want to buy

spenders always going to spend, regardless of price

19 hours ago, Hime said:

Hello All,

On Wednesday, we launched the Herald of Light content update. If you have had the chance to log in, please let us know what you think of the update overall with our poll.

Also, we have been reading through feedback already shared and we would like to invite all to share their thoughts constructively on the contents of the update specifically. Please let us know how your experience has been, what you like, what you don’t like, and what you feel could be improved.

Thank you!

Stop nerfing drops, XP and increasing mobs stats with each update and/or weekly maintenace! Just stop doing that PLEASE!!!!!!

Like i said in another topic, not all of us have thousands of dollars in our pockets to invest. We want to enjoy the game. Right now i only bought the blessed armor without scrolls yet (i am thinking of doing it) but still the mobs are way too hard, i am 108 lvl and it takes ages to lvl up.

All the instances are hard and no one takes you for a pt, prices are insane, mobs give low xp and hit hard. Give me a reason to play this game, it's not fun and the most important, do not expect any new players to arrive here.. There is nothing they can do and they need to spend a fortune to get gear. You see both servers heavy because people lvl up mentees and when there are x2 xp events.

Hello, 

im not that sure that someone will read this, but what the fork, lets go.

Im in a way a returning player. I knew I had to invest money into the game in order to see an improvement. I got myself prestige, destiny, bought a lot of L2 event boxes ( to sell ofc) and got me a decent gear. I saw SOME progress...I thought maybe if I get a few more items i will be ready to go.

Well...Guess what? I feel like all that money and time invested in game was for NOTHING! 

The new "update" ( Who on earth call that an Update??)  made my progress, well... irrelevant! I dont know who thinks that getting the mobs stronger or harder to kill will motivate the players? 

Pros:

The new zone is amazing! Too bad that is another field for high / end game players...( they need their area tbh)

Ios Adena increase, thumbs up! Ios2 need that too though.

Cons:

Unnecessary difficulty!! Why? 

Enchant rates? what enchant?

Drops? what is a drop?

Bad economy! We need items! For all players! Not the 10-20 ppl they have everything and they get bored....

PS: The new exalted bundle is the right way to go... The players who pay the get something useful and useable in return.

Lootboxes is not healthy!

Peace out!

• Like 1

you know what else we have not mentioned? its not even a topic of concern because no1 is interested in it......................PVP

people dont even care to talk about this because there is no PVP on NCwest server anymore....this pay2win market screwed up PvP so badly to the point where most players dont even attempt to PvP anymore

you know there is a problem with your L2 NCwest servers when no1 wants to PvP

the closest thing you can get to real PvP in current game is paulina toons fightings each other for spots in blazing swamp...is  most fun PvP you will find in current state of NCwest server, have fun

As others have stated new Neutral Zone is amazing, but again too amazing. Super high level people with insanely good gear are xping there. Makes it impossible to find a spot to xp there. So, the event as a whole feels pretty meh. Ketra/Varka are too hard unless you have very good gear or are 112+. 

Game is in a playable state. But may quit soon.

Level/item progression just takes too much time. Or you need a lot of adena to farm efficiently. More party zones would help. Also, with party mobs it'd help if they all had party area aggro. Would discourage solo's from xping  in the party the areas. 

Not sure if the NCSoft West team can actually change/add the leveling areas though. If this is true then we just need an Einhasad shop. But by making most of the xp zone solo oriented. We suddenly don't have enough places to xp. Or an event where it's very easy to get gear people care about, blood stones, rubies, red cats, brooches, dragon claws, ect. Sure the market might crash for a bit. But nearly all average players would benefit. And the 1% still be the 1% after everything.

This is a company. Not sure who pays more 95% of the average population or 5% of top tier players. Until the average players collectively pay more than the top 5%. Probably nothing changes.