Herald of Light Poll & Feedback Collection

Hime

Herald of Light Poll & Feedback Collection  

171 members have voted

1. 1. How do you rate the Herald of Light update overall?

• I’m enjoying it.
    • I feel neutral about it.
    • I am not enjoying it.

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 06/26/2021 at 05:00 AM

2 hours ago, iHyperlite said:

if only they allowed limited weapons to move to 750 element form 450 via some upgrade path or added back in that mysterious herb, our problems would be solved.

I have a better solution. Appearances. What the problem to use appearance system as additional booster. I may give attribute and maybe special bonuses depends on appearance rarity.

On 6/18/2021 at 10:09 PM, Hime said:

share their thoughts constructively on the contents of the update specifically. Please let us know how your experience has been, what you like, what you don’t like, and what you feel could be improved.

Thank you!

What I don't like:

You should focus on creating new content and stop modifying the existing one. With each update the progress I have made is not sufficient to be able to keep up. Two updates ago I farmed easily at FoM (109 location), last update pushed me back to 107 locations and this one to Silent Valley (105 location!). This is ridiculous and no longer fun, so congrats, you've finally made me quit. Farewell.

When most of the players were already struggling with level-appropriate content (including players who spent in the 2k-5k$ range), increasing the difficulty of many hunting zones was yet again the last thing this server needed, and will likely cost you a LOT of players once again.

Other than a handful of players (about 55 characters lv 117+, and a few more in the 114-116 range), the bulk of the players are level 110-113 and are struggling against level 105/107 content.  I'm also not talking about free to play players, or parties with DDs in in exalted.  This is players who spent in the 2k-5k$ range with over a trillion worth of gear and have all their "basic gear" covered (+12 limited weapon, +10 or better cloak, radiant circlet, dragon rind leather shirt, top-grade book with +4 artifacts, +6 angel jewelry, some lv 5 / greater jewels, etc.).

Level 110 instances should be doable by a reasonably-geared lv 110 party.  By 112, it should start feeling a bit easy.  Currently, that's true of some 105 level instances (for example Baylor and Nightmare Kamaloka), but others like Forest of Mirrors is seeing some lv 112 parties struggle.  Level 110 instances are mostly done if you have a few 113-115 DDs with 10s of thousands of gear to carry the rest of the pt.

Your solution?  Increase the difficulty of the content to ensure even less players are able to kill things of their level.

As far as newbies go, introducing the blessed exalted pack was a good start, but boosting the mobs in Blazing Swamp so players in Paulina gear frequently die is only making things worse for new players.

The Einhassad store solved many gear acquisition issues in other regions by providing necessary gear to get started.  The fact you haven't included that feature here yet is a slap in the face to the players.  Players expect this to happen, and we expect it to happen very soon.

The Neutral Zone area was a good attempt to bring something to do for people in the 107-110 range.  Unfortunately it is the ONLY area in this game worth hunting into, so the 20 or so hunted spots are being contested by the entire server.

I mentioned this many times before, but this game does not provide enough incentives for doing high level content.  Players can either hunt in the Neutral Zone, or they can go kill in Ketra/Varka where monsters are many times stronger, only to provide very slightly more exp/kill, and drop less adena.  The same happens if you compare any other hunting zone.  As a rule of thumb, higher level content does not give enough rewards for the difficulty/risk.

The solution is simple: rebalance Ketra/Varka and other party zones so they are as worth it to do as Neutral Zone is.

Just like last time, I suspect you will ignore feedback and continue ruining the game.  But just like last time, if you listen to some of us, you can very easily bring back 100k+ players who will each spend large amounts of money if you make this game more playable to the masses.  Many players would pay 20$-50$ a month if it meant seeing constant improvement.  But as it stands, most of us are 500$-1000$ away from our next upgrade.

Lastly, as a rule of thumb, many players are happy to invest in order to become better at killing content.  Where they start grumbling and quitting is when they have to spend more than they're comfortable with just to keep hunting at the same spaces they've already been hunting for 10+ years with less rewards than they used to get.

Or you can continue your austerity policies and see how much money you can squeeze out of the 1k or so paying customers, losing a chunk of players every update.

1 hour ago, LordDragnil said:

I have a better solution. Appearances. What the problem to use appearance system as additional booster. I may give attribute and maybe special bonuses depends on appearance rarity.

they would have to give back blessed wep app scrolls.  good luck

15 minutes ago, LordDragnil said:

Hope for that. Most people like that.

They said that weapon  app caused some errors, to much information to process, so don't think that will happen soon,  but if someone will work on that maby, it will be  nice , unique looking wep would be a +

Would be nice for armors to, app to give atribute +++

6 minutes ago, Mitzza said:

They said that weapon  app caused some errors, to much information to process, so don't think that will happen soon,  but if someone will work on that maby, it will be  nice , unique looking wep would be a +

Would be nice for armors to, app to give atribute +++

i know 100% this is incorrect from 1st hand experience ;)

the issue is a wep that is app modified doesnt change color at +21+ correctly like R grade+   it will just glow more red and more red like s80 and lower.  there is no other catastrophic bug that happens.

i wish they let us item log old skins like blade n soul and let us use them as we wanted.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, iHyperlite said:

i know 100% this is incorrect from 1st hand experience ;)

the issue is a wep that is app modified doesnt change color at +21+ correctly like R grade+   it will just glow more red and more red like s80 and lower.  there is no other catastrophic bug that happens.

i wish they let us item log old skins like blade n soul and let us use them as we wanted.

Lame, I rather see a bright red AoBA then everyone lookin the exact same

• Like 1

• L2 Team
8 minutes ago, lstardusck said:

5 days and no ADMS repply ... @Hime @Jujiwhat's the purpose of creating a topic where you don't give any answer or make any dialog with de players ????

This thread is to collect the feedback and suggestions on the update. We are actively reviewing it and will be reporting it back to the Dev team.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

19 minutes ago, Hime said:

This thread is to collect the feedback and suggestions on the update. We are actively reviewing it and will be reporting it back to the Dev team.

would it be possible to see what main topics are being fed back to them after the review is complete?  you know, full transparency and stuff...

32 minutes ago, Hime said:

Assuming the same happened with the last such thread, can you point out 1-2 implemented ideas of that thread?

No matter what will be the outcome of this poll the reult is allready determined...

Last time we ve been asked to give you guyz feedback the outcome came up to be the last 2 (correct me if I m wrong) updates, which destroyed the so called "casual" players. Nowdays in order to survive you have to be above 80% tier.

The last changes you have done by introducing the greedy boxes helped a bit but in the meangwhile 3rd party programmers came to the scene farming 24/7 with all kinds of cheating-mechanics possible (they even had hiding ertheias, or login-logout toons at astronomical speeds and all this it seems without any penalty for them).

So, now after another disastrous update you come to us and asking  to give you some kind of a feedback.

Here it goes, game is hard as f$&*. Zero progression no matter what you do no matter how much time you play (I ve used bold for the word play cause we still playing a game, most people cant compete the RMTraders whom dont play the game for them is a job that generates money).

Other regions allready have einhasad coins or even some other kind of shops not to mention how much less they pay for the same content.

My suggestions are:

a) Lower prices of NC coins

b) Add einhasad shop like the rest regions allready have.

47 minutes ago, sooo said:

b) Add einhasad shop like the rest regions allready have.

My understanding to the shop is that is suppose to create a ceiling on certain item prices like if you want it quick here it is but you can still get in the market cheaper.  However it has to be realistic pricing in that shop just put it in game so lets tread carefully with it.  The put it in game and bloody stone is still 300 billion then it don't fix anything people will still horde and sell at a little lower making  a huge profit still.

So you have to actually look in the market on what items are needed to advance responsibly price them and then open that shop so you don't break the market but you break the inflation of that market.

Lineage 2 known issues today

1: the class change system, it is impossible to change classes in some characters because there is a weight in the bag that doesn't make any sense, each certificate change is torture for the player.

2: war system does not work , the system is only for some clans to send war to others in order to disrupt your farm , war does not generate pvp only hinder the clans that want to pve and level up with the biggest

3 : why do i still get hero from eviscerator every month ?

4: the drops and xp of the aden instances are not at all inviting to mount u pt and try to do it, 30 minutes of krofin to get 3kk, really?

5: I know it's not within your reach, but try to get back together with the factions, you managed to create a very expensive collection system with items that not even 4% of the server has for their own use but can't create something attractive to level the players.

6: Neutral zone the idea was incredible , a leveling area for players 107 to 112 , then you can not know how yet , put in this area more adena that drops soil in the area of pt varkas and ketra why?

7: we need events that drain the adena, old players can't improve their brooches because we don't have powder events, some players don't have aghation charm to activate other than several items that could make the market lower the price a little.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Hime said:

In 2 days the poll will close.

Let's see if you will report this negative feedback of this "update" to the Dev Team and let's also hope they will start working on improving the game. 

Hello, i have an active party of 7 characters, we are all exalted with (4 Lv. 109: Tank, Iss, DD, DD), (2 Lv. 108: DD, DD) and (1 Lv.107: DD)

We play since 4 years ago aprox. we love lineage we play all days but..

- We feel Herald of Light has no nothing to enjoy to us:

1. Timed Hunting Zones: (The last Zone we enjoy was: COALMINES) that zone was really funny but we can't find never more a zone like that, whenerver hit Lv.106 all zones comes to much stronger and have low rewards in comparation with COAL in lower levels.

Storm Isle must be like Coalmines. Field of Crisis must have better rewards to lower levels. Both of them must restriction to Lv. 106-110

I thing Timed Hunting zones must be like Coalmines with restriction levels like: 2 zones 100-105, 2 zones 106-110, 2 zones 111-115, 2 zones 116-120

2. Neutral Zone: Impossible to find a place to hunt there, few spots, all occupied all the time. People like me don't like PVP, i like PVE only, if an area is occupied, go to find another. If no Zone to play, i close the game.

3. Party-Specialized Monsters: is needed in lower levels too, the first zone to go is Neutral zone, impossible to enjoy that.

4. Daily party Instanced Zone 'Forest of Spirits - Lv. 105: We go to there in the day of release of Herald of light. 4.Lv.109 + 2.Lv.108 + 1Lv.107... Impossible to enjoy that because we died in a seconds

5. 'Krofin’s Nest - Lv. 105' We go to there in the day of release of Herald of light. 4.Lv.109 + 2.Lv.108 + 1Lv.107... Impossible to enjoy that because we died in a seconds

6. New 'Blessed Fallen Angel's Ring' item was added: it seems an to much expensive item to me 

7. Dragon Shirt Augmentation' was newly added: to much expensive to me

8. Collection UI was added with new features, and some features have been improved.
The entire system it s to much expensive to me, i cannot find a way to enjoy that.

9. The Emblem of Salvation skill was applied with an Auto Self-Target function: Nice this.

10. Teleport list was changed to be sorted in ascending order of the Hunting Zone level. Nice, but if you can, do the same with the Selected Favourites too. Thanks.

IN RESUMEN: i have an active party of 7 characters, we are all exalted with (4 Lv. 109: Tank, Iss, DD, DD), (2 Lv. 108: DD, DD) and (1 Lv.107: DD)
We play since 4 years ago aprox. we love lineage we play all days but..

We feel Herald of Light has no nothing to enjoy to us:

In the day of the release, we was really excited because the patch notes, but when in game we go to check it and enjoy it, we find all the content was overpowered to us. We can't find nothing new to us.

I think the patches allways must be have new content to people 100-105 / 106-110 / 111-115 / 116-120 with considering Exalted Gears and OP Gears to everybody can enjoy and fun with L2 and Ncsoft.

Extra Note: I am Exalted, but i buy Ncoins too sometimes. Whenever i can.

Extra Note 2: I want to come back Faction System again, New Quests to get lower levels items too, something to do. The last quest that i have is Exalted Lv.6, i must to hit lv.110 to reward, i have that quest since i am Lv.107... more than one year without nothing to do... bored... these quest must be complete in Lv.108, like the another exalted quests, one by one level by level.

Always something to do, something to feel the progression of the character.

Thanks for Read, sorry the long of message. I wana to help. Ty

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

17 hours ago, Hime said:

@Hime @LIME

What a joke!!!! You  have had years to get feedback and you don't EVER listen. If you were a DECENT group of Admins you would have known the issues ages ago. We all know that ABSOLUTELY NOTHING will be done with this post.

• Thanks 1

Well, first things first...

I really appreciate the concern of actively seeking for feedback. Although I see many players here concerning about having their suggestions being ignored for a long time, I take this as a change of attitude and hope for the better.

The concern for providing party specialized areas and other collective activity should be a permanent effort. And I believe you have been making important achievements on that, from Varkas/Ketra to the new Neutral zone. The new exalted sets were a good move to.

I recognize the game has a very complex social and economical feature, and that is the more daring aspect in considering making changes (that can be catastrophic, as we have seen earlier in the rollback situation).

That said, I give some suggestions and highlight some problems:

1.      Stop with the Gambling business model. It sure is much profitable, but it is unsustainable and will not provide a stable and reliable consumer base. I believe GuildWars 2 chose a much wiser approach than Lineage 2 (purchase of license, purchase of content and cosmetic itens and boosts).

2.      I know there is a real market outside game that is sustained by the current business model of the game. And we don’t know how much the company profits from that.

3.      The current setup and environment of the game gives too much incentive for the use of multiple boxes as “farming strategy”. This is not wise as these multiple boxes consumes server resources that could be better employed on game stability and content towards the REAL players.

4.      Multiple boxes should be restricted. Active support toons must be made more essential in a day-to-day basis. Prestige users – 3 toons; F2p – 1 toon:  

a.       Login should be changed to allow multiple toons from same account. Then, if player has Prestige, up to 3 characters from same account would be allowed (on implementing, transferring characters between accounts service should be provided for free on implementation of changes, and after that charged per request).

b.      If not possible, restrict to 1 account per IP/Mac Address.

5.      Items’ scarcity have reached a unsustainable state. When you see items being sold for more that the max adena allowed in system, we can be sure that all is wrong. Boosting adena will not solve, but will make it worse as inflation will increase. Combining nerfing adena, limiting farming from multiple boxes and creating a fair mechanism for making itens available helps to address the problem.

a.       Implement Einhasaad store with itens, supplies, enchants (including fragments for upgrading God jewel, wings of splendor, making stg1 Dragon weapons) – the money will go to you, not third parties!

b.      Items in Einhasaad store MUST be available too in game (thru quests, bosses, drops, spoils…) but in low rates, obviously.

c.       Give incentive for crafting and spoiling (those classes need to be empowered).

6.      Lineage 2 need more quests, new areas, factions, catacombs, and so…

7.      On areas like Neutral Zone, it was very wise to put Immune to Vampiric as a strategy to party. However, soloing there is still possible and very rewarding. Cut adena drop and XP if a toon is not in Party or if not near a party member. That will help.

8.      People are encouraged by constant progress. Don’t kick the stairs. Do not increase difficulty at their current level for players who persistently achieved progress in game, otherwise they will leave. Let people have a clear road of improvement ahead… and a one that doesn’t need to get into this Gambling business. Give a fair and safe option to get itens with 100% (to set a market top price). Those who like gambling sure can still have their option to play.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

FEEDBACK OF DEV TEAM:

U NEED FOLLOW US AND WORK MORE, MORE, MORE HARD THAN U DO AND EARN MONEY FAIR COZ U MUST WORK HARD SAME THE PEOPLE DO IN REAL LIFE. 

PLUS, U NEED MAKE THE APPROPIATE CHANGES, LISTEN UR CUSTOMERS FEEDBACKS TO MAKE GAME BETTER. YOU PLAN CHANGES LIKE U LIVES IN FANTASY ISLE AND COMPLETELY TO THE WRONG DIRECTIONS

U DEFINITELY DONT DO ALMOST NOTHING FOR LONG TIMES JUST PUT GAMBLES EVENT WITH HIDDEN % CHANCE AND MILKING US LIKE STUPIDS COW AND YOU ARE RELAXED TO BOOK THE NEXT HOLIDAYS FOR UR TEAM IN ALABAMAHAS ISLAND.

WORK MORE AND CORRECTLY TO EARN MONEY.

I gave my feedback in the previous survey and nothing was addressed so far. These minor updates (and this one I cannot even call this way) does not change the game in a positive direction, like bringing balance back to game, especially between DDs and support, give access to needed items at reasonable price, etc. etc. etc..... but players told you this already 1000+ times and no point to repeat the whole list.

If you look at voting results 85% of people who replied does not like the update. Such outcome would result in very serious organization changes in any company who respect the customers... but  #NCFailAlwaysFail and does not care actually, asking for feedback just to tick the box.

• Like 2

My feedback will be pretty much echoing the general tone of people here.

What the heck happened to content we actually used to do and enjoy?
Factions, monster collections, realistic content that any player can enjoy not just those who are at the very top with gear?
Content is ripped out of the game at a alarming rate to be replaced by cash shop only options, sure you need to run a company but don't do it on the back of customer / player enjoyment!

Sure for me the IOS change was not bad, i make double the adena which is great but that does not reflect the situation for many many players.
Besides of that this adena just causes an already out of control inflation to get even worse, sure it's great to earn 2 bil instead of 1 bil a day but what use is that when the item you want becomes 10 bil more expensive per day?

Dino island... what happened to the drops at all? i still clear a spot but from 8-16 scrolls before this update, initially it stayed the same while i had the compensation 200% drop rune... but now it ran out and i get 0 drops 2 days in a row?
Are we still playing a game here or what is this monstrosity you are attempting to create?

Is it so hard for the devs to actually reward us and make us feel enjoyment for effort we put in playing the game?

Monster collection should have been what collection is nowadays, unlock specific monsters with the # of kills = a small nice bonus like collections have now added permanently to our characters!
Something that is accessible by anyone over time and not just the 15 elite players on all the servers combined!

Factions that used to be great that you could do and vary on a day to day basis to keep the game interesting and not always the exact same grind with a chance to get decent and useful items on the long term.
Heck you even had clan goals to feed enough medals for the npc's to unlock benefits temporarily, which was a great system and makes no sense that this got canned.

The content if i can even call it that at this point is laughable and boring, raising difficulty of the exact same stuff people already were doing is not a update it's a downgrade.
Every update has less and less reward, ye neutral zone great adena but once again adena is NOT what we need because of this imploding economy of inflation madness that is getting really out of control!
We need actual items for our characters that need a sensible, reasonable and foremost affordable way to improve even if just to keep up with this difficulty increment the devs keep insisting on!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

How to sum up my feelings about the last few updates into one word?

CONFUSION

I am more and more confused, trying to figure out what is happening inside the developer heads, because whatever they did recently, doesn't make sense to me. Do you know, that they took from Dwarves their uniqueness away? (They lost Crafting Skill)

Which brings us to the Herald of Light "update". What they want from us to do? Hitting those OPE characters, and die while doing so? What is the actual purpose of the new Hunting Zone? But first thing first.

Items:

Fallen Angel's Ring?? - I don't care.

Dragon Shirt Augmentation?? - I don't care.

Collection changes?? - I don't care.

Hunting Zones:

Krofin 110 ?? - I am not 110 yet, so whatever.

Swamp of Screams ?? - never been there.

Forest of Spirits 105 ?? - Tried that,  mobs yellow at lvl 109, give a lot of dmg to to me as a Tank... never finished, pt members said they are bored, so we PR out.

Mobs in instanced zones ?? - IoS change is most visible, can't do it anymore (well, even before it wasn't great either)

Neutral Zone Hunting Ground:

When i was reading the patch notes, i was like.... Yes, Yes, Yes, that's exactly what we need.. and not only one zone, but more of these!

But from what i saw ingame, i was a little bit disappointed...

1) I kinda miss the social behavior of the monsters. (Meaning, if you attack one member of the group, whole group, or other group will attack you)

I believe, that while in Party Zone, you actually need the party, not just for the exp bonus... The EXP BONUS is what is is... a bonus.

2) Not sure what to think about the Adena reward in the Neutral Zone... It is the highest reward from all the non-instanced zones right? That lured high level players there, obviously. I can't believe that the Developers did such a mistake... Are we supposed to fight with these players for the spot? Not sure how a 107~108 characters in Exalted could prevail, but alright. In case this is indeed a mistake, how to fix it?

Increasing the Adena reward in higher level areas could bring more problems... Decreasing the Adena reward in the Neutral Zone cancels the purpose of the zone... to give low level players some Adena for gear. (If this is the true purpose of the zone :)) I wish there's a way how to let lowbies get Adena, and also keep higher players out....

Hmm, i have an idea... what about we use some forgotten/long-time burried feature??

I mean QUEST.

1. Decrease the Adena reward to the appropriate level, so the high level players will loose an incentive to be there.
  2. Create a quest for the zone... there are many types of quests... We need Repeatible/Daily one, that doesn't require a certain number of QI to complete (Unlimited, so, the more quest items you give in, the more Adena you get), where every party member gets QI for each kill, and for each QI a player gets Adena as a reward, in an amount that corresponds to the difference of Adena reward before and after the change.

Why Quest you ask? The beauty of the quest is that you can set the level range in which the quest can be taken!

That should cover both of our criteria.

And if anyone would be using a stacked alt character for solo there, you could still set the monsters there to be more social.... Ha, that will teach them to solo that zone!

About the Lineage in General:

This is not the same game that i discovered 16 years ago... Back then, you entered into vast, open world full of opportunities (things to do), it depended on the player which path he choose... The Game was hard, but fair!

That is no more... the game is boring, no incetive to login, let alone to play .:(

I mean, if you just do Crisis, PI, Storm instances ( If you're lucky, then also daily like Baylor, Kamaloka, Gludio, IT ... (Krofin if you dare)) You will get bored of it, don't you think?

Your decisions are also limited, this is not a MMORPG game, but a game from the Call of Duty franchise. Even the core RPG elements were deleted! (XP upon death penalty, Equipment drop upon death, Item grade penalty)

Developers deleted almost the entire PvE content... like Quests (except the starter/fishing ones)/Most of the non-instanced RBs/Factions. :(

I don't count the afk-autohunting, i don't consider it as part of the"game play". You just start it when you go to sleep/work. It's a Turn ON and forget thing.

The game is simply centered around the L2 Store items, and redesigned in a way so that only those items can be obtained. And that makes the game unfair, since you need RL money for those items.... And like it or not, in RL, every one doesn't have the same salary, taxes, inflation... The "game" is biased in favor of those with money from the very start. That got to the point, where everyone is ignored... even the ones who have some money to spend (The "Game" is interested in only in the Top money Spenders)

But why should we spend our money? For PvE? 70% approx. of the hunting zones are outdated, not usable. There is no goal, light at the end of the tunnel... So PvP? Don't let me start about PvP... that thing is dead for an decade, really.

Pardon me, but i am old (30+), i am not a sack of hormons for quite some time, so i don't get upset/angry easily.

If i ignore the fact, that don't have equipment for PvP, and never will be... why should i PvP? I just don't get it.

For Hunting Spot? You don't need levels, if there is not a content, where you could use it.

Dragons? Dragons are fought by one player that kills them under 1 min (Zero challenge), and only usefull thing they give is a claw, imho.

Castles? There are only 2 Castles, that have meaning... Aden, and Giran. They have adena revenue atleast. Other castles don't have financial, territorial use... If someday developers would delete their static meshes from the client, nothing would happen.

There is more that don't make sence ingame, I just can't remember it all, and the deadline for this pool is comming.

So let me end with one last word, where i try to summarize my feel, i have from the game at the moment.... The Lineage II is a complete FUBAR!

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

On 6/18/2021 at 9:29 PM, Slycutter said:

I said no for a few reasons

1.  Neutral zone - area redone should been part of the last update in February when people that range was struggling

2.  If you remove the neutral zone area this is really not an update but more a large weekly patch - making mobs harder AGAIN not learning your lesson from August Update 2020 or Feb 2021 update.

3.  Every other territory has gotten the coin shop but us and you continue with the whack a mole boxes and honestly most of us getting tired of it.  It does not inject the needed items into the economy.

4.  Major items needed:  Brooch jewels at min level 5 or greater, gem powder cheap to upgrade our unupgradable brooches, blood and dark armor stones so people can make r 110 armor sets, enchant rates on armor below +10 return to prior of Feb 2021 update, cloaks that actually enchant safely to +10 even if it cost more because at his point the pricing on those cloaks is insane, elycum dropping from mobs even if its a rare drop in place like PI or out of Field of Crysis, at least give us a way to work towards it.

5.  Stop making things harder if the people are struggling already.  We are not all asking for god jewels or dragon weapons just basics all the other regions already have.

6.  In the next update GO BACK TO YOUR ROOTS.  Please add quests, mythos, explanation on these areas some fantasy this is still a RPG game right?  Simple fix reactivate the different factions at least they gave you something to do and work for.

Quick rundown on the shop?