Experiencing Game Latency? Report it here.

Hime

Hello, guys. 
located: Georgia, USA

no vpn

playing at Tower of Insolence the lag is so big and different, my toons skills are answering slow when I press the keyboard. I have my other party hunting with no problem at others hunting zones. 
This big lag is specially in TOI 

Classic server - Talking Island, major problems after the 3hour update, it was way better before the optimization or the migration of the server even. (There's no similar topic for Classic servers, you should open one there as well cause we experience tremendous lag)

1. Greece
  2. No
  3. After half an hour in game
  4. PvE in TOI

No matter how many times the move the servers or say they do it, it will always be the same LAG, it's the People trying to run the show. I would only guess it's still in Texas. These GM's only LIE about fixing the game and or make up stuff and say "HEY we're moving these servers" and such! Just to keep people buying items from them. And if you talk about it, the Truth hurts and they Block you... GF DC/Soft!

GM buffs will happen on what day and time?? To make up for all these Pots that we use and DC/Soft kicks "US"  for using them... "Not good for DC/Soft to kick "Customers" that buy NCoins and use the items, or try to Open Emails, or Open Chests that Drop.... Great GAME!!

Now will these Bright GM's kick me or ban me for telling truth, we all know "Truth" hurts these people (GM's) lazy people....

1 more addition if you're going to open any pots open any items make sure you make a macro on 1 of the F keys and that way you shouldn't get kicked from the game, or that is one of the best ways not to get kicked (DCed) from the game opening Email... that just takes time I guess.. Hope this helps people!? ❤️ 

On 4/8/2021 at 2:30 PM, Hime said:

Hello all,

If you have been experiencing game latency since our AWS migration, please reply answering the following questions:

1. Where are you located
  2. Are you using a VPN?
  3. How frequent is the latency you're experiencing?
  4. Where and what are you doing in game where you experience latency?

Thank you!

1. Seattle

2. no

3. CONSTANT, you fixed it... then you brought servers down to "optimize" and Now the melee lag is just as bad as it ever was. 

4. Everything, it doesn't matter, Slow targeting and switching, SUPER slow attack in comparison to Wednesday after the migration. Unplayable. 

Now that we have had a taste of what it is SUPPOSED to be like.. this regression in less than 3 days it totally unacceptable. whatever your optimization settings you did broke it AGAIN. For a company that specializes in "Massive online gaming", this is a bleep poor joke. 

12 minutes ago, AndyT said:

No matter how many times the move the servers or say they do it, it will always be the same LAG, it's the People trying to run the show. I would only guess it's still in Texas. These GM's only LIE about fixing the game and or make up stuff and say "HEY we're moving these servers" and such! Just to keep people buying items from them. And if you talk about it, the Truth hurts and they Block you... GF DC/Soft!

GM buffs will happen on what day and time?? To make up for all these Pots that we use and DC/Soft kicks "US"  for using them... "Not good for DC/Soft to kick "Customers" that buy NCoins and use the items, or try to Open Emails, or Open Chests that Drop.... Great GAME!!

Now will these Bright GM's kick me or ban me for telling truth, we all know "Truth" hurts these people (GM's) lazy people....

What would they have to gain with lying about moving the servers. Things have been smooth on my end.

1. Saskatchewan, Canada

2. No vpn

3. No issues so far

4. There was some delays at 1st when opening up my mail and boxes but it all seems ok now. No d/c or lags.

As for a compensation, I think you should all know the NCWest has always been fair with us when they compensate for issues they have with the servers. I think GM buffs isn't a good solution because only a fraction of players get them when everyone should deserve some kind of compensation.

Just wait until they figure out all the quirks that needs to be adjusted and I'm sure the compensation will then come. It be premature to compensate before all is fixed because ppl will still complain and ask for more.

• Thanks 1

1. Slovakia

2. no

3. After migration in first day meele lags were gone. When you brought servers down to "optimize" the meele lags are back.

4.  Slow targeting and switching,  slow attack in comparison to Wednesday after the migration. Badly playable

Today's evening Merlot event was unplayable by the lag

One toon was completely frozen as soon I teleported to the raid zone and couldn't even log out. I had to restart the PC to solve it

(Italy here, no vpn)

1. Portugal

2. No 

3.  Lag everywhere since last server maint. 

4. For 1 month i have random dcs, if i port 2 characters to castilla i get dc on most of the them. Sometimes when i port into an instance = dc. And the new one is : pop a cake = dc after 10 sec

On 4/8/2021 at 11:30 PM, Hime said:

Hello all,

If you have been experiencing game latency since our AWS migration, please reply answering the following questions:

1. Where are you located
  2. Are you using a VPN?
  3. How frequent is the latency you're experiencing?
  4. Where and what are you doing in game where you experience latency?

Thank you!

Rly? Cmon hire professional ppl or read the forum is full of these infos. 

• L2 Team

Thank you all for your reports!

We upgraded the server hardware (CPU and Memory) today after both servers crashed, so please continue to post if you experience any additional delays or latency.

• Thanks 1

14 hours ago, Juji said:

Thank you all for your reports!

We upgraded the server hardware (CPU and Memory) today after both servers crashed, so please continue to post if you experience any additional delays or latency.

@Juji check l2c discord as yes it's creeping back up again so it's time to also apply other stop gap solutions like turn off account creation & greedy chest so both servers will see a huge drop of non real players that consume server resources and cause unnecessary queues (chronos)

also as requested zillion times now by your player base turn off the live ranking update script and make it 1x a day before you turn it back on - mind u really disable all the code behind it as just disabling the visible user interface will not help 1 tiny bit

17 hours ago, JLevers said:
  1. Houston, Texas
  2. No
  3. Melee lag has returned as a constant since the ranking system went back up. Before that it was really smooth!
  4. Any Daily instance, Ketra parties, Timed Zones

1 .uk

2no

3 no

4  everywhere

what about compensation which you promise  will be given when exp event end? or not at all why other nc games do not have problems with small compensation  i play B&S as well and they never postpone

1, NE USA

2. No

3. Yes several things are showing issues, opening boxes using pots and teleporting depending on where you wind up.  Also the ranking system is fubar is not tracking xp or ranking correctly at all https://ibb.co/xHvmCVb (rankings system)

4.  All over

125 billion with the current rates is like 2 mobs 110 so yesterday i have over 300 trillion xp, where it go? lol  If you see the pattern it carries on all my toons 1 day is tracked accurately next day not at all.

2 hours ago, olopoiuoiugh said:

1 .uk

2no

3 no

4  everywhere

what about compensation which you promise  will be given when exp event end? or not at all why other nc games do not have problems with small compensation  i play B&S as well and they never postpone

The issues haven't  been yet resolved. You don't put the cart in frontbof the horse. They have always been fair when compensating us and I'm sure they will extend the event for an extra week or so. Just have patience...

extending the current xp event without putting down certain measures to improve the game experience is fubar and does not do anything for customer satisfaction, not when using xp boost items are this stupid expensive & rare in game

aka nobody likes to feel ripped off when spending so much on a lagfest game that isn't stable / dc fiesta

@Juji, @Hime so now after 1,5 years of more or less perma lag u want us to start reporting the lag ???

maybe instead its finaly time to get some1 with the needed "know how" to start solving some problems since i dont see u guys beeing able to handle your servers, i.e. look at eu and ru servers and let them teach u.

sry for beeing harsh, but this mess over the last 1,5 years is just frustrating

41 minutes ago, Draecke said:

extending the current xp event without putting down certain measures to improve the game experience is fubar and does not do anything for customer satisfaction, not when using xp boost items are this stupid expensive & rare in game

aka nobody likes to feel ripped off when spending so much on a lagfest game that isn't stable / dc fiesta

Agree, for those that are using lots of boosts it's just more money down the drain. This event although good would be of no benefit to extend. We all still have the DC issues, the servers have crashed how many times now? There is the lag, I feel it would have been better to live with it until the event. @Juji @Hime you really need to start taking notice of what your client base is saying and either fix the issue or find someone that can.