Experiencing Game Latency? Report it here.

Hime

• L2 Team

Hello all,

If you have been experiencing game latency since our AWS migration, please reply answering the following questions:

1. Where are you located
  2. Are you using a VPN?
  3. How frequent is the latency you're experiencing?
  4. Where and what are you doing in game where you experience latency?

Thank you!

I made fresh toons last saturday and was overridden from crashes ever since. Things went funny after migration with complete  and frequent crashes while exping in blazing, or doing instances with this or that toon. Now it's getting better with disconnection from a single toon of choice. My tank called "Valeris" crashes frequently in blazing swamp, usually with subsequent party wipe and subsequent forced kick from the server. Now, I know that optimizing requires time and patience and yadda yadda, but my toons are always offline while the VITALITY MANTAINING RUNE runs out of juice. At least extend rune's time to compensate for downtimes. AT LEAST.

1.) Where are you located -  PA 

2.) Are you using a VPN? - Nope

3.) How frequent is the latency you're experiencing? 
Here and there. The latency issues posted below tend to go away after task is completed,  but then come back in about 15-30min. For example: If I buy something off of L2 Store, it takes 10 seconds for it to complete. But then if I go back and try to do it for the second time, its immediate.

4.) Where and what are you doing in game where you experience latency?

• When buying anything from L2 store (when u click ''purchase'' it needs about 10 sec to process the transfer)
  • When clicking ''Come To Me'' on Humunculus window
  • When farming, the adena/XP/SP comes 5 - 10 seconds later, but not always. 70% of the farm is still synced properly from what I have seen
  • When opening boxed items for example ''Party Cake'', there is a delay of a few seconds as well before the item appears in you inventory
  • Auction house is refreshing really slow
  • When opening mails, takes about 10 seconds for the mailbox window to appear
  • Like 1

1. Luxemburg (EU) - 500mbps fiber optics
2. No
3.One to twice per hour, compounding, sending ingame mails or usage of Auction House.
4. Server Naia - diverse location (TOI, Rune), random lag spikes that make the character movement impossible on the client, but others see you moving. Solution: Relogging. I even got disconnected from the server after putting a cake in IOS at the same moment. Tonight in Swamp of Screams, again a random lag for 1 minute where I had to relog to solve it.

Quick Remark: I never had those issues before server migration and had a smooth connection, except for the melee lag that impacted everyone.

1.) Texas

2.) no

3.) randomly every 5-10 minutes, delays of a few seconds up to a minute or 2

4.) changing class (most noticeable) can take up to 2 minutes to change and cant move in the meantime.  crafting shots, was able to move around , there was up to 1 minute delay before toon started crafting again

1. Bay area, California
  2. No
  3. Only during the instances below but every time.
  4. Occurs when in town or out hunting in different zones:
  • Opening Castilla box Lv. 5 takes 5 to 10 seconds (right clicked it a bunch of times and managed to disconnect myself I think).
  • Completing clan quests takes 5 to 10 seconds (only sometimes, sometimes it's within a second).
  • Clicking "Initialize" on homunculus took a few seconds.

2 hours ago, Casemonstro said:

a feather. a maintenance that was to help and I find myself unable to play.

And I know that my friend, the same operator that I, my neighbor, is managing to play.

Something curious, a friend, a neighbor who plays, has fiber, same provider as me, and is not lagged.

1,Sweden

2, no

3, melee lag. it feelt like the melee lag was gone after you guys switched the server location. but now its back.you can see a big difference in how the toon is attacking compared to like 12hours ago, and one would think that the new servers that you guys got would be able to handle alot of ppl .

8 hours ago, Hime said:

Hello all,

If you have been experiencing game latency since our AWS migration, please reply answering the following questions:

1. Where are you located
  2. Are you using a VPN?

Thank you!

1. Chile

2. NO

3.  time spans between 30 to 60 minutes

4. Isle Of Soul, Aden Town, Rune Town.

At the same time, sometimes the chat freezes, and I have to re-log to unfreeze it. @Hime @Juji

Hello,

1 - Chronos Server.(Latino America)

2 - Not for the game.

3 - Quite a lot (mail, commerce, action, warehouse)

4 - Aden, Giran, Heine (Alligator Isle) Players stop for seconds (Disadvantages in healers' skills).

• Like 3

1. Where are you located
  2. Are you using a VPN?

1. Portugal
  2. No, 
  3. Random, sometimes lasting up to 2min (character completely freezed, I can't see it move or talk in chat but if I change to another box it's working fine, happens to different characters and few minutes later it fixes itself)
  4. Town, farming in Alligator, etc, it's just random.

1. USA close to Chicago

2. No vpn

3. Every time i enter Schuttgart and leave the city plus surrounding areas

4. game is very choppy, camera lag, movement lag, feels totally off running around. teleport to giran, no issues. rune, no issues.  aden, no issues. schutt again, issues start instantly when porting in.

1 - Southern Europe
2 - No
3 .1 - around 20-30 seconds of freeze every 3-4 minutes
4.1 - Aden instances, Aden town (Naia)
3.2 - Disconnection
4.2 - Swamp of Screams, opening aden treasure chest (Naia)
3.3 - Delay in skills, freeze, every 10-15 min
4.3 - Sea Of Spores (Naia)